“I can't wait to go back to Mez”
Review of Mez Mediterranean Cuisine - CLOSED

Mez Mediterranean Cuisine
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My son recommended this restaurant to us about four years ago and now I wish we had taken his advice and gone there sooner. We have missed out on so many tasty meals!

Everything about our evening at Mez was wonderful. The atmosphere, the service is the best we have had in a very long time and we dine out a lot, and the food was magnificent. All the dishes we ordered were delicious and the portions were very generous. The food was fresh, well cooked and nicely presented. We just can't wait to go back and explore more options on the menu. This restaurant excels in every way and a lot of Perth restaurant owners could learn a thing or two from dining here.

We dined early but from 7pm a couple of large groups arrived so it did get a little noisy. Just keep this in mind if you want a quiet meal as a couple or with a small group of friends, but otherwise you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went to this restaurant on the weekend and thought it was great! The staff were very friendly and accommodating, even changing a meal order to suit dietery needs! The chef even personally came out to discuss what meal was needed. We arrived early and the place soon filled up! Great atmosphere, a little bit loud, but still a great buzz. The food was delicious, had the risotto, quail, lamb and filo parcels. The only problem was that one of the meals got ordered by the waitor incorrectly, not once, but twice! so it was about 10-15 minutes behind the other meals, but they apologised and brought out a free dessert for the trouble. All up a great place to eat and a great atmosphere!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have had numerous holidays in Crete, where we came to love the healthy Mediterranean cuisine. We chose Mez for our pre-theatre meal & were not disappointed. It was early on a quiet Tuesday evening & we were the sole diners! Starters were a shared dip platter, served with warm pitta , olives , salad & feta. It was a cool evening so we opted for hot main dishes. I had moussaka and my husband had Lamb kleftiko. The portion sizes were generous & quality of all the dishes was spot on.
The welcome was as good as you'd get at any Taverna in Greece, and the service was excellent.
Next time we intend to make an evening of it and treat ourselves to one of the mezes.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Had some visitors from Cyprus and after spending 6 months on the east coast they passed by Perth and wanted to have some nice Cypriot food. We all loved it. The staff were exceptional and greeted everyone warmly. We ordered a number of appetisers to share and then shared the signature lamb kleftikon with potatoes which melted in your mouth. All in all - it was a great experience and our visitors head back to Cyprus having tasted a little bit of the real Cyprus here in Perth.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The lamb dish was BETTER than my grandmothers (I grew up on Mediterranean food and and I can only write this because she is no longer living)! The vibe of Mez was warm and friendly as soon as we walked in. The decor, lighting and music was all modern yet maintained a nice mediterranean feel without the usual kitch. All the service we received at this family owned gem of a find was top notch and the kind of service you would expect for a much higher price point--from the host who sat us to the Greek goddess of a waitress that served us and the warm and charming son who dropped by to see how our food was and chat a bit.

There was a real mix of people and the menu was reasonably priced. The portions were large so go hungry or better yet, share (the best way to enjoy mez anyway).

We started with an appetizer plate that had very moist kofta (meatballs) that werer perfectly seasoned, the eggplant dip, hummus and another srumptious cheesy dip were fantastic and the olives were the real deal. The main dish of lamb just perfectly melted in your mouth. Adding to this my friend likes local wines and said they had a very good selection.

I'll certainly go back next time I am in Perth where quite literally a lovely Cypriot mother was cooking for us. Wish this place was in Switzerland where I live!