“Average...”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Went there tonight for dinner. We wanted to have the sashimi lobster and asked if the remainder lobster could be made into a second dish. The waiter said it was up to us. So we decided only to do one dish for the lobster. Then after eating the lobster ans ordering other dishes, the waiter asked of we wanted the remainder lobster to be made into another dish costing an extra $15. That was no big deal but how is 2 people suppose to finish a 1.5kg lobster with 3 other dishes? At least the waiter could have advised us from beginning the lobster would be made into 2 seperate dishes. As we did as from beginning.

There seemed to be many people having the steam boat @ $39 per person including soft drinks. Its not what we were looking for on a hot summers day.

Lobster wasnt really alive and the food was pretty average for a $250 bill. Maybe stick with the steam boat instead?

There are newer reviews for Dragon Seafood Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I brought my family here for our traditional Father's Day Dim Sum and as always it was fantastic.
I've reviewed this place before when I came for dinner with my wife, the Dim Sum is even better.
Service is super quick even on a busy Sunday lunch time. There was food on the table and a cold Tsingtao in my hand before I had my cost off.
This is dim sum the way I like it, lots of variety, all hot and fresh served straight off the trolley and the staff are more than happy to go off and find something specific for you if you ask for it.
$130 for four people including beer and wine and a LOT of food. You'd be off your trolley not to try it.

1  Thank jimmyinferno
Reviewed July 28, 2013

To me this restaurant is very Chinese so although not five star it has a very authentic atmosphere. I've rated this restaurant according to the 'feel' I get when there.
A good variety of dishes served mainly in steaming baskets- coriander and prawn dumplings are my favourite with chicken feet, as only the Chinese can prepare, a close second. The crispy squid can sometimes be a little tough, but that doesn't deter my husband! The service trolleys are moving constantly so waiting time is minimal. Custard tarts to finish are wonderful and obligatory in my book! Glad to see the paper napkins have improved in quality! We've tried other Yum Cha restaurants in Perth, but this is by far our favourite.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Not sure about their other offerings but went there several times on weekdays for dim sum and actually quite liked it! The variety was there and all the steamed dumplings were tasty. They have a self serve station where you can help yourself to the various kinds of chilli sauces and cut chillis etc which I think is great because most others want you to beg for condiments.

It's definitely one of my go to places for dim sum.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Food was awesome, very fresh, served hot to the table, flavours were massive.
Crispy duck pancakes and spare ribs were both fantastic.
Service was not massively polite but very quick and efficient.
I think this restaurant is linked to Dragon Palace on Francis Street, which i've also just left a review for.
What a world of difference. I'm hoping i've left this review for the right place! To be certain, note that this is the Dragon Seafood on James Street, in Northbridge, not the one on Francis St.