See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 21, 2017

I stayed for two weeks at this hostel in the centre of Perth. They offered a cheaper weekly rate which was very reasonable and all the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The hostel is very large so even with a lot of people in it, there is always lots of space to relax and it never seems to busy. The hostel is a 30 second walk from Perth's cultural centre and from there just a short walk along a pedestrian walkway to the central city streets and shops. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
OldSwanBarracks, Duty Manager at The Old Swan Barracks, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback it is really appreciated and we love hearing that our staff are doing a great job and guests enjoyed their stay!
Kind Regards
Old Swan Barracks Staff

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Big hostel with a huge common room that has lots of sofas, dining chairs and tables, a TV corner, a computer area with 4 or 5 computers to use, 4 pool tables, 2 ping pong tables, a foosball table and a bar. 24hr reception. Friendly staff. 2 kitchens to use. Laundry room and smoking area/picnic benches out the back. The hostel also has weekly accommodation deals. Also 2 car parks if you have a car.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
OldSwanBarracks, Duty Manager at The Old Swan Barracks, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you for review it is really appreciated and we are glad see that you enjoyed your stay with us as this is always our goal.

Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

Wonderfull relaxed atmosphere right in the middle of town. The wooden floor boards and domed roof give the place a wonderfully historic feel. It is an easy walk to everythung in the CBD. Very helpfull frindly staff.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark B
OldSwanBarracks, Duty Manger at The Old Swan Barracks, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay and the historic charm!!
Thanks for the feedback great to hear positive reviews about our staff & yes we have a great location within the CBD.

Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

Nice big hostel but it was way too quiet therefore making it seem empty. Very basic kitchen and bathrooms.
The location however was great for walking into the city or staying around northbridge for a night out.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Hannah D
OldSwanBarracks, Duty Manager at The Old Swan Barracks, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback we do have a great location to explore Perth city.
Our common area is a large area with different activities in there incl. pool & ping pong but I can understand how sometimes when its a quiet night in there it may seem empty....

Reviewed January 17, 2017

I lived here for a month Jan 16' - Feb 16'. First place I came in Australia and I loved it. Its definitely a bog standard hostel. The staff were awesome and I think the common area was great to meet new people. The kitchen downstairs could definitely be modernised a lot and fix the hobs that were broken when I was there but the rooms were clean and there were lockers to store your valuables in. The atmosphere was great and I made some of my good friends who I'm still in touch with today there. I always stay here when I am back in the city as I feel so comfortable even the staff know you. Always recommend staying here to anyone coming to Perth.

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank Hcowenhutton
OldSwanBarracks, Duty Manager at The Old Swan Barracks, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback its appreciated.
We are really working on our cleanliness & it's always great to here that our staff are doing an awesome job. Our common area / bar is a great space to make new friends.
I will pass on the kitchen feedback to maintenance so we can work at this issue.
Look forward to you visiting us again in the future.