See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Reluctantly stayed here for a few nights whilst in Perth as it was one of the only cheap options with rooms available. I was right to have my doubts as this place is pretty awful... to start with we were checked in to a room which had a sign on the door to say it had just been fumegated, so we went back down to reception and were told it was fine to go in and leave our bags. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm which was disgusting! The room stank and you could only just see the floor through all the mess, most of the guys staying in the room lived at the hostel and worked in construction and treated the room like a construction site! On our first night we went to get something from the room to be confronted by about 15 people sat in our room drinking. Luckily they were gone by the time we went to bed but had left a lovely smell of alcohol in the room. Trying to cook in the kitchen was a nightmare, half the hobs didn't work, you had to leave a deposit for a crockery set, part of which then got stolen and leave your key if you wanted pans etc. This could be a nice hostel as some of the staff are friendly and it has a good entertainment room/bar, unfortunately it's let down by the people that stay there and by not follwoing through any of the rules they set. Apparently rooms get cleaned and you can't drink alcohol in the rooms etc. but in reality our room had stuff in from old guests and was never cleaned other than the bin being emptied and people drank in our room every night. Definitely wouldn't recommend unless you don't mind living with messy guys. It's definitely not a good backpacker hostel as most of the guests work and live there.

Room Tip: Get a private room if you have to stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbug_vm
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed a colple of weeks staff r realy nice in the most part but can be a bit free and losse with there fines . Came Back drunk after work drinks not eavn drinking in there bar and was cut off the next day am leaving becose won't be served nw . And there's no byo in the rooms only $7 pints . Thin walls creaky rubish bunks and toilets forever blocked . But good stuff main hall is PIMP staff in most Part r g8 people and so close to train station it's mint.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 31, 2012

For your own sake! The staff are utterly horrible. Terrible attitude. I booked for 7 nights at a cost of $29 per night and left after 2 - and the manager was incredibly condescending and rude, and refused to refund me any amount at all, costing me quite a bit of money. The rooms are cramped and small. The actual building and setting is pleasant enough, but it is full of noisy drunk Irish people and long-termers - on my first night I got screamed at by a guy for daring to turn on the light at 9pm to search for my toothbrush. Terrible experience.

Room Tip: Choose a different hostel (One World, Britannia, Ocean Beach, YHA, Underground...)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DCB85
Reviewed May 23, 2012

ive been here in this hostel for two nights now and its awful!!! the bathrooms are filthy the bedrooms are even worse and the staff ha where to start!! german girl behind the counter awful people skills rude unfriendly and unhelpfull. the 'lockers' are easily broken into the luggage area is worse you'd want to make sure you've a lock on your bag before putting it in there!! there's a bar in the hostel cheap enough but watch the lightfingered off duty STAFF nicking your pints when your back is turned!! atmosphere what atmosphere there isn't any disgraceful hostel unfortunatly were here till the end of the week because they dont do refunds but ill be running from the place and i wont look back when we leave!!!

Room Tip: do not stay here the rooms are crawling!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

I, unfortunately read the google reviews not the TA ones before i booked this hostel so had to endure what i can only describe as the longest week of my life!! I really do not where to start but here goes;
1. The reception staff are incompetant and rude. They are only interested in flirting with the lads staying here. It is not 24hr reception as they close it numerous times a day. We had to wait 15mins to rent a dvd while the rude blonde girl behind the desk counted the till. The other staff member wandered around with a pint ignoring the obvious queue that were waiting.
2. My boyfriend and I rented a double room for the week. Where do i begin?! Firstly i cant believe the rates that are charged. We paid almost 600 between us for what can only be described as a mouldy, draughty orange box. There was a sign on the window saying it leaks in the rain (as we could see from the big patches of mould on the ceiling) but as it doesnt rain often in perth it should be ok. Just dont leave valuables on that side of the room! The sheet didnt fit the bed no matter how many times i tried to tuck it in, therefore we spent a lot of time looking at the dirty stained cigarette burned mattress. The duvet also didnt fit the bed. There is a fridge wardrobe and desk but are crammed in next to bed so impossible to use. The tv doesnt work so isnt worth mentioning.
3. The walls are paper thin. We could hear the conversations and even the people snoring in the next room. There is a lot of traffic noise and our room was next to a carpark where every night over the weekend drunken idiots from the hostel set off the car alarm on some cars which continue for at least 45 mins.
4. Although im aware the people living here also have a responsibilty to behave in a respectful way to other guests the management do nothing to enforce this. Friday night our entire corridor had to listen to a drunken girl on skype for half an hour at 4 in the morning. I can easily say that i did not have a full nights sleep in our entire stay.
5. The bathrooms are too small for the number of people that they are catering for. They are dirty and 2 of the cubicles are next to wide open windows for everyone to see!!! The showers are not great but standard for a hostel. There are no mirrors in the rooms so the sinks are usually taken up with girls doing their makeup.
6. I didnt use the kitchen all week. It just wasnt worth the effort.

Both my boyfriend and I have travelled extensively throughout australia and both have never come across such a bad management system. I just dont understand how this place is still in business. The staff need a new attitude and the place needs to be completely stripped and refurbished. An utter disappointment of a hostel and a disgrace to whoever owns it.

• Stayed: May 2012