“It has lost the wow factor and needs to re-focus on the food and service”
Review of Opus Restaurant

Opus Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 1,424 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Perth
Description: Opus is Perth's most glamorous dining experience.Expect inventive cuisine with French origins and modern Australian fresh flavours. Using the finest West Australian ingredients, our Executive Chef Todd Cheavins presents his creations in seasonal menus, reflecting the availability of local produce.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was here just under 2 months ago with work and had a amazing meal (one of the best ever). this time i thought to bring my wife for here birthday.First the bread is bought in now ( not home made like before) and was cold. The starters were spot on and we could fault them. The main courses rib eye was over cooked as i asked for medium rare and it was meduim. My wifes red emperor was cooked well but was a bit salty and there was a peice of soggy serrano ham that was unedible.We shared our dessert which was the blueberry tart which was nice. $12 for two cappuccino's is expensive,.They were poorly made and for that price you should have proper foamed milk and some sort of pattern on them from the foamed milk. The service was like the was nobody to lead the restaurant and needs a restaurant manager to take control. Also in the fine dining all the dishes should be explained to you so you know everything on the plate. Maybe this was an off day for Opus.

2  Thank 681matt

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm very much a foodie and sometime feel that some restaurant care more about presentation then about the taste of the food itself. The KILTED CHEF is definitely not one of them, the atmosphere and decor of the restaurant it beautiful and the staff were friendly and informative, about all the different meal ( which I love). The presentation of the food would please even Gordon Ramsey, but what blew it all was the taste and texture of the food. It was to die for. Possible one of the best meals I have ever had, the Venison my partner had melted in your mouth and my lamb.. well it hard to explain in word how tasty it was. I would definitely recommend anyone to go there, and have been raving about it to any of my friends who will listen. I'm already dropping hint to my partner for my up and coming birthday.

1  Thank Mamabansna
Reviewed November 9, 2013

A marvelous dining experience. We had the scallops for entree and the Venison and Red Emperor for mains. My husband couldn't manage dessert but I had the Blueberry Vanilla Tart. Amazing. The best meal we have had in Perth for a very long time.

1  Thank Lesley C
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Dinner at the Opus is an event. It's one of the few restaurants in Perth that seems to have a dress standard.
The staff are attentive, the restaurant not too crowded.
My entree was devine, a cheese souffle in a veloute, my husband had braised chicken with gnocchi. We both had steaks for main, unfortunately I didn't enjoy mine, although beautifully cooked and soft to cut it had way too much fat in it.
Too full for dessert :)
The wine list was extensive but like the meal - very expensive.

1  Thank BethDid
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Absolutely loved our meal. Our entree of the chicken was probably the highlight of the evening. We actually wished this was our main as were wanted more! We didn't get to have dessert as we were full but we did enjoy the cocktails also which were lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful and could not fault their service. They all worked very hard. Well done guys :)

1  Thank Steffy78