“Great food and casual classy atmosphere”
Review of Opus Restaurant

Opus Restaurant
Reserve with
Opus Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,352 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Perth
Description: Opus is Perth's most glamorous dining experience.Expect inventive cuisine with French origins and modern Australian fresh flavours. Using the finest West Australian ingredients, our Executive Chef Todd Cheavins presents his creations in seasonal menus, reflecting the availability of local produce.
Perth, Australia
“Great food and casual classy atmosphere”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am a local and i find this restaurant refreshing welcoming and relaxed, but with great food and a good wine list. I prefer a non-licensed restaurant so I can take my good aged wine but Opus's wine list was broad. Opus atmosphere is different and quite special.

• Visited June 2013
Shaun F, Manager at Opus Restaurant, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Jeanette
We are delighted to hear that you have found a restaurant near by that you can rely on for consistent quality food and service. We certainly thank you for your kind comments, should you be making a booking in the near future please do contact me so that i may meet you personally.

Kind Regards

“Classy restaurant”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Of you want a classy restaurant to visit in Perth, and a chance to dress up, Opus Restaurant is the place to go. The ambience is lovely and very nice for a couple. In fact most tables had couples when we went there. The service was top notch from the moment we entered the restaurant where my wife and I both had our chairs pulled out for us. Water was constantly topped up and the service was quick and professional.
To top it all off, the food was great - but not cheap. My wife's main of lamb was the best she's ever tasted while my venison was beautifully cooked and presented. Presentation of all the food during the night was excellent in fact. Desserts were too tempting not to have. The soufflé was enormous but my wife finished it with ease and declared it the lightest she had ever had while my rhubarb dish was sweet and delicious. We foolishly told the waiter it was my birthday - as we were paying the bill - and a few minutes later out came a small chocolate dessert with a candle! Embarrassing but a nice touch.
A top class night.

• Visited May 2013
Shaun F, Hotel Manager at Opus Restaurant, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you kindly for your valuable feedback.
It is encouraging to learn that the actions we are putting in place are consistently having an impact towards providing an exhilarating and positive dining experience, from service through to cuisine.
Your comments will most certainly be passed on to the Opus team. You will be pleased to know that we launch our new Winter menu shortly which Head Chef Nathan Thomas has worked tirelessly on to bring you the finest in seasonal produce, something i am certain you will enjoy.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,
“Opus - A delight!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to Opus Restaurant for dinner on Saturday night. It was an impromptu reservation as I had heard that there was a new head chef that had taken over since the beginning of this year.

The immediate impression was that of a refined restaurant. We were greeted by polite and professional wait staff who showed us to the bar (our choice) prior to leading us to our table. The setting for the restaurant is intimate, with just the right amount of background noise to maintain privacy. It is worth noting at this point, that at no time during the evening were we rushed or ignored. The lack of feeling like our table needed to be "flipped" is almost a forgotten sensation in Perth - even in some "swanky" restaurants.

We ordered our food and had our wine recommended to suit - which was a great choice as it matched brilliantly. Our compliments to the sommelier!

The food was a real surprise. The chef had produced a great menu, with an appropriate amount of option. We had (and I will abbreviate description of each) the Braised Chicken Wings, Soup of the Day (Mushroom Veloute), and an entrée special based on roasted marron tails. Now the marron deserves a special mention. My husband loves marron, but is most often disappointed that most chefs do not know how to present the flavour of the marron in balance with the rest of the dish - this was not the case at Opus! He was extremely surprised at the delivery that lent the focus to the delicate flavour of the marron.

The mains of Pork Loin and Red Emperor were also perfectly balanced. I had thought the flavours as described on the menu for the pork may be too complex, however the chef showed exquisite understanding of the food, and delivered a dish that was presented in such a way as to ensure a perfect balance. The Red Emperor dish threw my husband for a while, with a couple of unusual flavours, however the more he ate, the more he enjoyed it. Again, the chef managed to balance the flavours and create an interesting and enjoyable experience.

The desert menu was all but beyond us, however we managed to share a Molasses Tart - heavenly indulgence! The texture and flavours were to die for. I had to ask my husband to leave me for a quiet moment alone with the tart!

Finally my husband had a coffee when the petit fours were served. The coffee was no let down to the evening (a common occurrence for my husband), and the petit fours were a delight - posting the final exclamation mark to the evening. We will definitely be enjoying Opus again!

• Visited May 2013
Shaun F, Hotel Manager at Opus Restaurant, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear TheNoshPit, Thank you kindly for your valuable feedback. It is always so inspiring to hear how we have delivered on our promises and high expectations. It was an absolute pleasure to serve you and we certainly hope, we will have that distinct pleasure again.

Kind regards,
Perth
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Opus is a restaurant with tremendous potential. I wanted so much to enjoy this restaurant as I have heard only good things about it. Unfortunately, our evening was a disappointment. The service was beyond reproach, the ambience was excellent (in an expensive and quiet way) but the food was a huge disappointment.

My wife and I had the degustation menu with the premium wine selection. We were completely underwhelmed by the food. The roast beef was cooked perfectly and tender but was flavorless. Something went wrong there and I can't put my finger on it. I did not enjoy the souffle. It was "cringingly" sweet. Perhaps the chef has some missing tastebuds.

Unfortunately, the couldn't even get the basics right. The bread was too "doughy" and not a showcase of the baker's ability.

Perhaps they had the B-team in the kitchen. Unfortunately, it is too expensive to go back for another meal in the hope that there is an A-team.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank PerthFrequent_Flyer
Dear Perthfrequent_Flyer.
We thank you for your review of our Opus Restaurant. Reading through your review it is disappointing to learn that we did not deliver on our usually very high standards. Something we pride ourselves on is not only our cuisine and service but also our consistency in delivering this time and again. For example, the bread which you mention, which is a selection of 3 exquisite varieties, is served warm and baked fresh for each and every guest on each and every night. Something that receives numerous good comments. You can be certain that this feedback has been passed on. Although you mention that you would not be returning, you would probably be happy to learn that our Newly appointed Head Chef, Nathan Thomas, has just designed a fantastic new winter menu with tempting seasonal produce which is launching very soon. Should this persuade you then please do get in contact so that i may make all necessary arrangements.

Kind Regards,
Perth, Australia
“One of the best in Perth”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The service was excellent and the food flawless. I don't think we have had a better experience in Perth. The only thing they are missing is a view but they make up for it with the amazing food. A must visit and great option for a special occasion or meal out.