The Great Southern Hotel
$117
$98
Mercure
  • Restaurant
Four Points by Sheraton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$110
$96
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Perth Barrack Plaza(Perth)(Great Value!)
$126
$99
Duxton Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
$175
$169
  • Pool
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$126
$103
  • Pool
Pensione Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$80
$59
  • Room Service
Hyatt Regency Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$209
$116
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Miss Maud Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
$125
$92
  • Breakfast included
$62
$53
Agoda.com
All reviewsbudget hotelundercover parkinghotel is locatedincluded breakfaststayed for one nightlate at nightperth hotelsnorthbridgecitycafesfoyer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Paul R, General Manager at The Great Southern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Reviewed August 1, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I spent two nights here as flight crew on a layover. The hotel is far from posh but it is very functional and clean. Robinson Ave. is a narrow one-way street that would be an alley if it was any narrower. My room had a tiny window high up the wall and level with the roof of the adjacent structure. The weather was good during my stay and the view of the sky was acceptable.

The hotel is just off William St., which is lined with every sort of eatery on both sides. A few blocks south along William St., you enter Perth's entertainment district, which spreads to the southwest. I'm not the night owl I used to be but I did enjoy roaming the area late in the evening. During the day there are numerous curio shops and mini art galleries open for business.

Culture vultures will find the area at the southeast end of William street of interest. Check maps of Northbridge online. There are too many places to list here.

For travels out of Perth, the train station is less than a 10 minute walk away.

The airline shouldered my stay so I can't give a value for money rating. However, I wouldn't mind staying at Ibis Styles again. I'd rate it excellent as a base for exploration.

Room Tip: If you're claustrophobic, ask for a room at the front of the hotel overlooking Robinson Ave.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aero_maus
Paul R, General Manager at The Great Southern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear aero_maus,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at ibis Styles Perth. As you suggested, the hotel certainly is a wonderful base to explore all Northbridge and the City of Perth has to offer.

I hope we can welcome you back to ibis Styles in the future if your flight schedules bring you back to Perth.

Kind Regards
Paul Rogers

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hotel in Northbridge, with easy access to the many restaurants and bars in the area. Close to railway station. I had a room above the hotel entrance overlooking the street, however this is a side street with little traffic and noise was not a problem. Room was a good size, spartan furnishing but quite adequate. I had concerns about the lobby area which seemed like a public space, I saw one group picnicking there and people asleep on the chairs. There is free access from this area to the room corridors, and this left me feeling a bit insecure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Retired_engineer_58
Reviewed July 28, 2013

we had booked an overnight stay for our work Christmas party, we had specially booked a room with a window as I knew some rooms are internal, when we got to our room we found we has been given an internal room, I checked with reception and was told there was a party on so they had moved us to a quieter room, the rooms are basic and functional, the breakfast was basic but in fairness reflected the cost.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple