“Friday Night Delight”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Perth
“Friday Night Delight”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

A special occassion meal for a special occassion. We had to cancel our original booking because of illness. We re-booked as soon as possible, but had to accept a Friday night instead of our usual Saturday.

We were greeted at the door. Carolynne recognised us from previous visits and escorted us to our table.

As usual the service was brilliant. All the staff that visited us during the evening were attentative, knowledgeable and unobtrusive. They noticed absences from the table and if they thought that there was a question we had, they took the innitiative and asked us.

The food.

We have eaten here several times. Each time we visit the food is getting better and better. I must say that we noticed a slight change (for the better) in that there is more emphasis on foraged ingredients.

Amuse has always had local foods to the fore and as a core to their ethos.

We started with a trio appetisers. Seeds, grains and blood limes/Carrot walnut and hyssop (a bitter herb with a hint of mint)/Pumpkin, curry leaf and beurre noisette. Each a different combination of tastes and textures.

The sour dough bread provided was without a doubt the best bread I have had anywhere. Crusty, aromatic and soft.

The following courses were comprised of combinations of vegan, vegitarian, pescatorial and meat dishes. Including the "egg in a jar, a soft boiled egg with pine nuts and mushrooms and the inclusion of a sweet smoke in the jar.

Other combinations included Pork, Prawn and popcorn. Sweet potato, snapper brandade and dashi. Venison rustleberries and wattle.

The sweet courses started with guava and lemon myrtle. Grapes (which had been carbonated, go figure!) coconut and ginger. The third and final sweet course was Pear, pecan and vanilla.

It is difficult for me to say if this is the best restaurant in Perth, as a realist, I can enjoy a meal at a food hall as much in the right situation.

However Amuse will be the first choice I make when asked where I want to go.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“outstanding”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Totally lived up to all our expectations. food was impeccable and the service was fabulous. Fantastic for a special occasion.We will definitely be returning in the future. The timing of the degustation courses being bought out was spot on. And the flavours were amazing. All about the food and the service. By far the best dining experience we have ever had.

• Visited February 2013
Sydney, Australia
“OMG!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have had the luck of dining in the best of best around the world. I come to Perth and what do I discover, THE BEST! OMG this restaurant is amazing from the staff to the food. Great atmosphere and a degustation menu that makes you say "I want a plate/bowl of that". Incredible flavours mixing together that makes you go ahhhhhhhh with every mouthful. And the owners love Pug dogs!! Special people. Do not come to Perth and miss this restaurant, this will be a mistake, big mistake! One superb restaurant

“WOW..”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Fantastic experience.
Definitely try the food matching with wine..
Very knowledgeable staff and delicious food with different flavours..
A special occasion restaurant that is worth the cost

Visited June 2012
Perth West Australia
“Excellent food”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Food great. Service was OK but we had a new waitress so bit bumpy at times. Wine pairing was excellent, decor definitely not to my taste.
Basically 4 of us had an excellent and different meal and I guess you go for the food and not for the ambiance??
Recommend it.