“Good food and ambience.”
Review of The Royal

The Royal
Ranked #71 of 1,432 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We enjoy this spot for a leisurely late Sunday lunch by the river. The food is good and the menu has something for everyone. Outside seating is my favourite with a nice chilled glass of wine and good company. A regular for us.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

the Royal is a great place to have a drink and / or a meal any night.
Busy on Friday and Saturday but great atmosphere

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Catering for very large crowds at times, this venue does it better than most in it's category. Food is a better quality than might be expected for this type of venue, and the service was excellent and very patient with our large group of 20+. Worth considering for staff parties or similar.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Love the location and it's very close to the office, so a great place to meet friends after work for drinks or food, or when you go for that riverside bike ride on the weekend. The waterside spot is very relaxing and has a good ambience.
We have had breakfasts there on a Sunday...have no complaints with these. More recently a catch up with old friends who met me there after work. As they did not want a large meal we had to move from the table section outside to the other end of the venue. This was fine and the meals available were still on par with the seated area, you just had to order from the bar as opposed to table service. Always enjoy this venue and the staff were very good, very friendly.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have dined here on many occasions, but this is my first review. My most recent visit to The Royal was for dinner a few weeks ago on New Year's Eve. The menu is extremely varied, with lots of different options. The last 2 times I have been, I have had the chorizo salad, which is very good. Previously I have also had the barramundi & salad, which is delicious, though I think it is now only served as bar food in the evenings. Some serve sizes are not that large, depending on what you order. The service is usually pretty decent. It may not be out of the world, but it is more than adequate. The setting is, of course, beautiful, overlooking the waters of Claisebrook Cove (which sometimes include dolphins!). Al fresco dining is possible virtually all year round, with cool sprayers in summer and standard heaters in winter. Both are very effective. I have also had lunch from the bar menu (the bar is different to the restaurant), and the mini slider burgers were amazing!! All in all, I will definitely keep returning here, and would also recommend it as a pleasant place to spend New Year's.