“Very average”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed May 1, 2012

we decided to enjoy a night out cheap and cheerful but were surprised at the prices being charged at a very average decor restaurant.

The waiter was fantastic i think he is the owner the waitress left a lot to be desired ! very snarly

I was amazed when i ordered the T-Bone steak at $33.00 i asked what it came with expecting vegetable ,salad,chips or perhaps potato but was told by my lovely waitress a plate !! wow she is smart
To add the side orders that normally accompany a meal it was $5.00 per inclusion so the STEAK end up costing $44.00 with vegetables and potatoes

Expensive for a place of that standard i don't normally complain but this was extreme.
Desserts were in the vicinity of $14.00 for just Azzura Gelati products plonked on a plate bit steep as i can buy them in a supermarket great products but you expect more than that in a restaurant.

1  Thank bradbayshore

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We've been to the Romany on many occasions and not once have we been disappointed! The ambience is very warm and almost like being in someone's home - the staff are wonderful especially the owner, Enzo, who greets all his customers like long-lost friends. We know when we go to the Romany that we are in for a great time!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Needs a much need update.
Decor is past it's use by date. The food...well that's not too good either. The servings a quite large but that doesn't make up for the very average quality. Service is reasonable. Not much atmosphere.
Best way to describe this place....it's like your at someone's house....but your paying for it here.
There are much better Italian restaurants in Perth. Won't be going back.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Romany is one of my favourites. Friendly service and food is consistent quality. Friendly service and a great wine list with plenty of choice.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

In my opinion Romany is a well kept secret in the heart of Northbridge. I ate there with friends early this year and it was an experience I will always cherish, situated in Northbridge it sits on a fairly quiet intersection and has tables and chairs outside for diners who prefer the open air. The staff are polite and attentive and it appears that no request is too much trouble. The general feel of the place is cheerful and warm and there is a real feel of Italy in this place. I had a starter of large stuffed field mushroom topped with a mixture of breadcrumbs and herbs (I am sorry I cannot remember the proper name for the dish). Main course was Osso Bucco and I just did not want the dish to end, I was in heaven, I skipped desert and had cheese and biscuits with some very good coffee. I loved everything about Romant and will visit often.