“TRUFFLE LUNCH”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Perth
Description: Multi award winning fine dining, special occasion Restaurant with a 3 Michelin star experienced chef.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

There is nothing nicer than a lunch at Friends. It was a nice sunny day and we had a window seat with a beautiful view of the Swan River. Don’t take any notice of those reviews about the décor, it is very nice and you feel like it is a special meal in very classy venue. I felt so comfortable throughout the whole lunch and hated having to leave. It was dining at its finest. The food was outstanding, the Chef amazing, every course was like a picture with such detail, and then the flavours were outstanding. I am still dreaming about the Beef Cheeks. They just fell apart and melted in my mouth. The black volcanic salt was a new taste for us. We had the matching wines, each one served in a beautiful and appropriate glass. The wines were perfectly matched to each course and it gave us a chance to try wines we would not normally order. The dinnerware was modern and added to the pleasure of the meal. I can’t wait to go again. The wait staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble for them. Thanks Clyde it was a memorable lunch, you must keep Chef Frederic even though you pinched him from Great Mellie, he is a gifted and talented man.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We dined there Thursday 20th June 13 on a voucher for their Truffle degustation with 5 courses.
We decided to get matching wines each at $35 a head and were glad we did. They matched perfectly.
What a wonderful menu. It was so delicious. The chef is outstanding.
Even the day after we could remember what we had and reminisced about the yummy flavours.
We are now on their mailing list and intend to return on one of the concert nights. Sounds fantastic and so looking forward to it. Thankyou!!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The decor is quite traditional and pleasant, the service is good but could be better. The waiter and waitresses could perhaps smile a bit. It felt like they were quite automatic in doing their job.
The food was very good and well presented. There was attention to detail and care was taken in preparing the food. Well done to the chefs!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have just moved into the same street and are keen to find good local restaurants. As this one comes highly recommended on Tripadvisor we booked for Saturday night degustation. We like good food and enjoy the dining experience. We were offered a choice of five or ten courses, we chose five. The food was fine as was the service. However, the courses were far too close together. So much so I deliberately took much longer over the third course to slow down. The fourth arrived immediately I finished and it seemed that it must have been prepared and waiting for us. My only thought is that the chef was on a promise and so keen to finish for the night. I saw nothing to attract us back again. A pity as we live just 200 meters away.
Although, it was described as degustation I would describe the menu as table d'hote. Alternatively a limited choice set menu.
My question is what's the hurry?

2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My family and I went to Friends for my mother's birthday. I do not have one bad thing to say about the whole experience! The food was amazing, the service was amazing, and the atmosphere of the restaurant was superb!
The waiters and waitresses were extremely professional, and we loved the personal touch as the owner brought us the chef's compliments.
We ordered entrees, mains and desserts and all were amazing.
I had the lamb which was cooked to perfection, and the others had the steak and the duck. All were very impressed.
For special occasions I will definately consider Friends restaurant again. I think in all of our minds the food and dining experience is going to be extremely hard to beat.