“Interesting menu”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

as long as they are not going to tell me they wont move tables to sit my group again....it is a great place. central, nice food and not too bad a service. Whoever thought they would not move tables together must have forgotten who payes the wages...thats would be the paying suctomer!!!. Thing harder on service as it lets down the cafe over all lads. :-)

There are newer reviews for 44 King Street

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Always enjoy a walk up King Street to the cafe, past all the designer shops. King St cafe is consistently good, to the service, the food, the wine list. Will definitely try again next trip to Perth.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Wine bar and restaurant, the dining room reminds old times and gives a fascinating atmosphere. Woody and rustic tables, a long bar counter, a good selections of beers and especially of wines. The menu is not particularly wide and probably this is the major limit of the place. Kind waiters. Expensive.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have always liked King Street Cafe for its atmosphere which is relaxed. The restaurant is airy and you do not hear the conversations from surrounding tables. However I have not eaten an evening meal there for many years and was disappointed by the poor service and strange pricing policy. The waiter who took our drinks and entree order disappeared and we waited ages for the drinks. The wine list is comprehensive and reasonably priced. The food was nice though nothing special. When we came to pay we found that everything had been 'upped' in price. When I queried this I was told it was the weekend menu - we dined on a Sunday - however the higher priced menu was not on our table. The nit-picking up-pricing extended to an extra 5 cents on bread but also included the wine being increased in price, the steak sandwich increasing by $1.60 etc etc. It was ridiculous in light of the fact that the service was poor and I'm sure their reasoning would be that they have to pay more for wait staff at weekends.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Today I had a very disappointing experience at No 44 King Street Cafe. I ordered the Balinese Duck Dish priced at approximately $43 as a treat . This meal was the worst meal I have ever been served at a cafe. It was disgusting. I phoned the duty manager later in the day to complain about the meal. I had not compained at the time as this cafe was the chosen venue of friends as a Christmas celebration gathering and I did not wish to make them feel uncomfortable. The duty manager advised nothing could be done about the situation other than passing the message on to the chef. I will never visit this cafe again.