“Worth a try”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nice Italian food - good variety, good portions, good price. Welcoming and friendly staff.I'm sure we will be back.

2  Thank southernfairyjp

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Last night be had an excellent dinner at Tiamo Café.
We had a large group of 12 friends and this extended to 14. Everyone ordered different dishes and each person loved their meal.
The staff were friendly and quick with service. It was a little noisy but I don't think there are many restaurants around these days that aren't noisy.
We had a couple of the Entertainment card discounts and they cost worked out to be really reasonable for everyone.
Definitely worth another visit.

2  Thank TravellingFlowers
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Made a return visit to this bustling and friendly cafe restaurant today with my Mum.

It was actually Mum's suggestion - she really enjoys it here.

The menu is quite comprehensive and seriously good value.

Mum had a "Continental Pizzette" which filled a small dinner plate and which Mum pronounced "delicious" - she needed a "doggie bag" as it was far too good to leave behind!

I had the salmon foccaccia which was packed full of smoked salmon, dill and was also delicious.

Each time I have been here in recent years, I keep vowing to return with my husband - and never seem to quite make it.

We must! An institution in Nedlands!

1  Thank Car0bella
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Dropped in for lunch with family, had both an easy and full lunch menu, chose from the easy menu and wasn't disappointed. Food was very tasty and well presented. Service a little bit hit and miss but still cheery. Final bill was very good for amount of food and drinks the four of us had.

2  Thank Deano_au
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Being fans of Italian food, my wife and I decided to give Tiamo a go on a Saturday night. First impressions were good. Greeted at the door and offered a choice of inside or out. We took the inside option. Wait staff were young and friendly and seemed pleased to see us.
We were quickly given water and asked for drink choices.
We decided to share an entrée of Gorgonzola gnocchi. Good choice. Nice sauce and gnocchi just right.
I had the Tiamo Linguine for main. Very happy, although could have had more prawns (4). My wife had the veal parcel tortellini. Adjudged as just okay. Not bad, but not great.
I had the Mars attack chocolate cake. It was good. Apple pie for the wife. Happy enough.
Overall all. Some hits some not quite on the mark. Great service though.
As for the ambience. It is a cafe. Not fine dining or a place I would choose for special occasion (crowded and noisy). Great place for group outing or a nice quick meal.

2  Thank Mike G