“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food was very good and very reasonably priced. The maitre de advised me not to order any more dishes that what I had ordered was enough - shw was right. Very nice and helpful staff, would definitely go back again.

1  Thank Sonya773

Reviewed October 25, 2012

What they've done here is a little confusing. They give you a menu which has various chicken and fish things on it.

Then when you order them, it isn't real chicken or fish. Its vegetarian substitute. But there isnt really anything telling you about this.

So we, as meat eaters, ended up with a bit of a bizarre meal. The thing is that we do enjoy vegetarian Asian food as well. I'm not really sure you need to put strange (and not terribly good!!!) substitutes in.

1  Thank Waddler
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We went here many times during our recent stay in Perth. The food is delicious on the whole, I only had one dish I didn't like. Some of the mock seafood wasn't to my liking but then I never really liked real seafood. My favourite was the roast duck (vego version), it was delicious and we ordered it every time. Even my steak loving husband really liked the food. I've been here many years ago when the buffet was operating and didn't enjoy it as much. But ordering from the menu we got many yummy dishes this time. All the food is vegetarian Malaysian food, but seems to have a strong Chinese influence. All the dishes are called meat or seafood names but are purely vegetarian. I love this type of food as I have been vegetarian for over 20 years and it is a great chance to enjoy "meat influenced" dishes and flavours without harming animals. Very friendly staff and seems to be family run. I'll go back for sure next time I am in Perth.

2  Thank MissDarwin
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have been eating here for many years and I love the food. Some of the dishes have meat/fish names which can be off-putting for some pure vegetarians/vegans, and confusing for others, but once you know that they are all-vege substitutes, you'll thoroughly enjoy some really tasty meals.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We understood the food was vege but we really thought we would get the seafood we asked for but be prepared to get a dummy version of everything. Nice flavours though but not sure about the pretendy scallops??

1  Thank homenaway