“Always excellent ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

This time was our 5th visit, we always went home happy with the quality of food and the taste. Everything is so well presented and cooked. This time we only had the 4 option menu. Perhaps if the chef can create new menu.. for me I tried every single dish (menu including Omakase) and yes, I am always happy but it would be great if new dish is on the list..??? The matcha creme brûlée is my favorite! this one should be kept in the list!!!!

Reviewed November 22, 2016

We loved the food and it's innovative tastes, but felt constrained by having to order from a set menu. What if you don't actually want to eat 3 courses? The tables are a little too close together, meaning that you can hear next door's conversations. Service was a little too slow after the entree.

Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

Very impressed with the food and staff at this restaurant. I would go here any day. We had the $55 set menu. And everything was first class. Super fresh and superb taste.
The only letdown was it was very noisy there needs to be some soft furnishings to absorb some of the noise. If the food was not so superb our romantic night out may have been a fizzer. I highly recommend this place it is one of the best places I have eaten in Perth

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had the Yokubari set - the 5 course meal, a gift courtesy of a good friend.

You had two choices for each of the 5 items. Except for the dessert, you had 3 choices.

The seating was cosy. We sat close to another couple, so we both could hear what each other was saying. I think the seating was just too close.

The food was nicely presented. The service was good. You had time to finish your food before they brought it the next dish.

But the chairs had a wooden back that made my back ache.

Reviewed October 24, 2016

It didn't take long for me to ask why it had been so long since my last visit here. The ambience, service and food are all excellent. The restaurant lends itself equally well to large celebration meals and more casual small dinners.
Although the choices are based on set menus, the choice is still pretty good, and at 3, 4 or 5 courses there is something to suit all appetites and budgets. BYO also ensures the evening will be affordable.
We tried a different entree each - sashimi (always beautiful), beef cheek soup and the beef tataki , duck breast and all were lovely. Mains - the Oceans (with the additional amazing soft shell crab), beef tenderloin and the chicken & pork. Rounded off beautifully with green tea creme brûlée and mixed sorbet.
A lovely meal and I won't be leaving it as long to go back this time.
And - an added bonus, it's discounted via the Entertainment Book too.