“Frustrating experience, and I never even set foot into the restaurant!”

Nine Fine Food Modern Japanese
Ranked #55 of 1,402 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I decided to give this restaurant a try after hearing positive reviews about the food from friends who had dined there before. On 2 previous occasions I tried to make a booking for 7, it always ends up that they are fully booked (even 1.5 months in advance). This third time was particularly frustrating. I asked if it was possible to have a table for 6 with an extra chair at the end of the table for the 7th diner. This seemed too difficult. All their layouts were for even numbers - table for 4 ok, table for 6 ok, table for 8 ok, but table for 7???? Mmmm, might be a bit squashy was the answer. Anyway, we overcame the hurdle and a table for 7 was booked. I was told twice that if I wanted to cancel the booking, I must let them know asap. I then rang up the next night to ask for a table in the main dining area, and not one at the back near the toilet (which I was advised by a friend). A lady checked this request and said it was fine to put us in the main dining area. But within half an hour, the officious gentleman rang back and said he had allocated us the table at the back near the toilet, and it was not possible to move us to another spot. I am surprised that they had already configured the table layout for a dinner in 3 week's time. I felt that everything seemed to be a burden to him and he was in no way making any effort to make sure we will dine there. I told him to cancel our booking and I will never make another attempt to try them again. Anyway, I think we both had a win tonight - they have no shortage of bookings anyway, and my friends and I are soooo much happier spending our money somewhere else.

3  Thank LisaFromPerth
There are newer reviews for Nine Fine Food Modern Japanese

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a neat restaurant with great ambience. The price is relatively reasonable and the service is good. I have been there several times and have enjoyed the food and the atmosphere each time. A busy and popular restaurant so book well in advance.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went to Nine Fine Food for our first anniversary and absolutely loved it. We opted for the 4 course menu for 2 entrees, 1 main and 1 desert. We had sashimi, beef tataki, pork belly and caviar pasta for entrée, steak and barramundi with prawns for mains then green tea crème brule and gelato for desert. All meals were fantastic but wasn't a big fan of the gelato. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be going back there

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We love this place have been coming here since it fierst opened years ago . Definitely recommend this restaurant I have never had a bad meal and service is faultless very friendly and knowledgeable.

1  Thank DarrenDStarr
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Our first visit to this modern Japanese cuisine was a great success following a recommendation from friends. Firstly the overall ambience is terrific, service great, and the food delicious. The sashimi entre was fabulous, as were the soft shell crabs. The angel hair past dish was to die for. I wish I had copied the menu to share with you! All we can say is we will be going back as soon as possible but beware as you will have to book 2-3 weeks in advance on the weekend. It is BYO so that helps with the price. The food, for what you get, is very reasonably priced.