“My fave restaurant in Perth. Exquisite food, lovely ambience”

Nine Fine Food Modern Japanese
Ranked #56 of 1,369 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
perth, australia
“My fave restaurant in Perth. Exquisite food, lovely ambience”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you love japanese food; if you love exciting and innovative japanese food...this is the place to go!

I love the salmon plate. The flavours were just sublime. The service was very good and the setting was quite chic and sultry - dark hues with sheer curtains etc (from what I can remember!)
Dont underestimate it because of it's location (i.e. it's not in the heart of the city or Mount Lawley). You'll see what I mean when you go.
I think the wine lost was fairly pricey but again, that was a while ago.

• Visited June 2012

Australia
“Fantastic food and gluten free options”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had the set menu that offered great choice and was super tasty. I have coeliac and can only have gluten free. The wait staff were readily able to assist and adapt most of the dishes which was much appreciated. Look forward to going back

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank pettj01
Perth WA
“AMAZING”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

What can I say one of the best meals I have ever had - The food was exquisite, the service quick and friendly and the restaurant was great. The presentation of the meals was amazing. The restaurant is decorated very stylishly. I would highly recommend that you give this a try - not your average Japanese and sushi.

• Visited May 2012
Perth, Australia
“Wow!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Great value and great food! The scallops and lamb were to die for! I like to read a menu and choose before I go to a restaurant and that was the only downfall; the website doesn't have the current menu! But it doesn't matter what you order, our whole table was happy! Ten out of Nine!

• Visited April 2013
Perth, Australia
“We will return”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were there last night for dinner and were quite impressed by the service, the atmosphere and the food. We chose the Osusume (four course set menu). We both had the agedashi toothfish and were more than happy with the delectable morsels we received. That was followed by the Kinoco caviar pasta which was absolutely delicious but we were both glad that these were appetiser sized because there wasn't enough balance in the texture. It tasted great but something fresh and crunchy mixed through or on the side would have made it amazing. We then had the duck confit and this is where we were a little disappointed. The wine reduction jus was rather oddly flavoured and didn't really go with the scallops or the duck. The duck itself was so soft and tender that the meat fell off the bone so we were at least happy with that. I blame myself for picking something that was so far from the Japanese cuisine! We then had the mattcha brulee (yum) and the kuro goma (black sesame) gelato (even yummier).

On a whole, the food was more than passable and better than most fine dining places we have been to. We will definitely go back to try the Omakase.

• Visited April 2013