“Been there forever and still solid cheap Japanese”
Review of New Shima Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

New Shima Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went recently for casual lunch. Nothing much to look at from the outside or the inside for that matter. Food is cheap by Perth standards. Friendly service and quick as well. Had Teriyaki chicken set and enjoyed it and would go back.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The taste is actually good but not something terribly amazing that you can't find anywhere else. The sushi you find at the mall for a fraction of the price is equal in taste and more filling. The rolls are miniscule, really they must do a lot of rationing in the kitchen, and the bigger rolls are 15 dollars a piece. These prices for the quantity are absolutely outrageous even for Perth CBD. The place itself feels too much like a cafeteria and isn't cozy at all.
When we were there there was only one waitress who was sweet and I felt bad for her because she was literally running from table to kitchen.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I was hoping this resto would offer me something better than the usual standard Japanese fare.The only reason I tried this was for the beef yakiniku-something all my Japanese friens tell me I should try.So I did.I've had better teppanyakis than this-coz it basically was no different from a teppanyaki! I asked my friend if there was a "technical" difference to a yakiniku and a teppanyaki-they said it's all bout the grilled beef and the SAUCE.First of, I ordered mixed veggie tempura for starters-took a lot of time and when I asked for the yakiniku-it took AGES to get served.Not easy when my dining companion is a 14 month old baby girl.I literally had to BEG them to serve it as she was clamoring for food already.Another thing-the place is so DARK/DIM even though it was lunch time! I was so disappointed.Servings are so small! Go to either Taka or Nippon X (especially for the beef teppanyaki).

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 31, 2008

We ordered the banquet and there was still not enough food!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook