“Amazing food, great service”
Review of Maya Masala - CLOSED

Maya Masala
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Reviewed January 16, 2017

Food delicious, staff very friendly and attentive. Good choice of menu and the sweets simply to die for.

Reviewed May 28, 2016

We go to this restaurant each time we visit Perth as it makes excellent dosai. We sampled three fillings: masala (potato) keema (minced beef) and paneer (cottage cheese). All were delicious. Fillings were generous in size but the accompanying chutneys were rather small. This is a popular restaurant with basic decor. Service was friendly.

1  Thank Aussielins
Reviewed May 23, 2016

We had been craving an Indian for some time and sadly this place did nothing to satisfy us.
It seemed to me that whoever normally ran front of house must have been away, and the woman who was doing the job was very poor and didn't seem to know what she was doing.
One dish we wanted had non tikka chicken in it, and we asked if it was possible to put tikka chicken in that curry as it is in some of their other curries. This is something which almost all Indians I've been to can do. She didn't seem to understand why we wanted something that wasn't on the menu and said it was not possible. Okay.
When the curries came, the chicken in one of the curries was horrible. Overcooked, chewy and poor quality. We told her we thought the meat was not good, she said okay, walked off to the kitchen, and then nothing more was done. No apology, no alternate food, no money off.
This is the only Indian I went to while I was in Perth, but I can only hope there are much better alternates around the city.

1  Thank James E
Reviewed April 22, 2016

I have been to almost all of the MMs in Perth and looked forward to our visit last week. Some time ago I visited a different one and was pleased with the dishes but not this time. Sadly the rain water was leaking through the roof and distracted us. Then the original quantity of Rice in the Thali meal was way too less. The Roti was great though as was the Dal curry and the gram side dish. But I would have preferred a little more spice in the other curries. In the hope of gathering more Australian clientele, we Indian expats have to make do with simply boiled and bland curries. Sadly this was my experience , and sincerely hoped for my last visit to be an enjoyable one. I was disappointed with the meal. How ever the lady who waited on us was friendly and fantastic.

1  Thank gmj_ni
Reviewed March 31, 2016

I ordered through Menulog, unfortunately, the food I received was cold, the roti was stale and crisp as the dough was not fresh. The chicken in the korma was dry as if it was fried and left out for hours so the top skin was very dry. The curry sauce was diluted and runny, lacking flavour.

When I asked the restaurant owner, he passed me on to a lady, who apologised and promised the same order the next day to change my experience. when asked about the food, she refused to comment if the dough was stale or freshly made and the curry was diluted.

Next day, nothing was delivered, when called, she advised all deliveries were cancelled and that I would receive the meal the next day. What a fool was I to rely on them the second time!!

NO courtesy call to allow me to prepare for my dinner, over promised - nothing delivered, lack of professionalism, substandard and stale food!! Would I recommend them to anyone! No not at all, unless you want more food going to the bin than your tummy!!