“Amazing”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2018

Went to Matilda Bay for dinner with my husband and we had a lovely evening. We hadn't been for a couple of years and were pleasantly surprised once again. The food was incredible and there was a great atmosphere in the restaurant, The service was fantastic ...Richard looked after us throughout the evening and was very attentive and friendly which made our night!
Will definitely be telling our friends how amazing it was and will be back again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

The food was divine, ceviche fresh, duck was cooked to perfection and the desserts decadent. Everyone in our party of 5 were absolutely thrilled with the meals. Wine list was great also, as were the mocktails. Only opportunity for improvement is for wait staff to keep an eye on empty glasses we had to flag someone down a couple of times and they they only served he person who asked for a drink not anyone else at the table. Overall a fabulous night, great restaurant and will be back.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Stunning views great restaurant, very good vegan menu . Very attentive staff maybe a bit too much . Will be goin back

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner at Matilda Bay. We tried the set menu, which was delicious. As an entree we had the seafood chowder, and for mains the confit duck and grilled salmon. For dessert we had the tahini chocolate brownie and banana macadamia waffles. The portions were generous and we could not finish our meal - the restaurant is pricy, but you will not leave hungry.

I am subtracting one star (if I could, it would only be a half star subtracted) for service - we struggled to get our server's attention at the end of the meal to ask for our bill, but this was a very minor complaint for an otherwise fabulous evening.

This is a good option for a special occasion, I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

My family have been dining at Matilda Bay for years, but never will again. Following our most recent meal I went to pay and was served by a most unpleasant man. He was happy to talk up until the point I handed over the Entertainment Card and in conversation mentioned I had asked a friend for it. Following that his attitude changed, looked at me with a look of utter disgust and did not say one more word beyond that point. Sad ending to our nice meal and to an era where we have spent thousands on dining here. If you don't want to give the discount, don't sign up to the Entertainment Card! By the way, a quick search showed the staff member in question was not staff, but in fact senior management. Will not name names but this arrogant attitude is not acceptable towards a family who have done nothing wrong and showed repeat patronage over the past decade. I wish you luck in the future as you have a beautiful venue and lovely food, fix your attitude and do it justice.

11  Thank littleredhen16