“Outstanding Restaurant”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had dinner here our last night in Perth. The food, wine, service and value for money was excellent. The views are also outstanding and I suspect even better at lunch time. Looking forward to going back next year when I visit Perth again.

1  Thank bf1952

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had heard a lot of good reports about Matilda bay and was not disappointed my husband had booked it as a surprise for our wedding anniversary. The seafood was very fresh and lots of flavor and piping hot. Service staff very friendly and helpful the courses were well timed apart, when dessert came the chef had piped Happy Anniversary on the plate for us I thought that was a nice personal touch. The whole ambience of the restaurant was warm and inviting on a cold winter night the view however was a little disappointing as you could see it could be fantastic but the boats were in the way had they not been there you would see Perth city across the river.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been there on a few occasions and the food has been fantastic each time. The location is gorgeous right on the river as well.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

To say our experience at Matilda Bay was special would be an enormous understatement. From the friendly greeting by the fantastic manager to the utterly delectable dining; this was a great evening. Ok, so it isn't the cheapest restaurant in the world but the quality of the food reflects this, with truly incredible steaks which have been aged in-house and pork belly which simply blows the mind. The staff were great, nothing was too much trouble despite it being a very busy evening. My wife and I are seasoned restaurant-goers and enjoy eating out in all types of restaurants - from the cheapest noodle shacks to the priciest fine dining experiences. Matilda Bay is a superb operation run by world class staff who serve world class cuisine. I read some other reviews and, other than noting a few disgruntled people who sound like they are never happy with anything, I was pleased to entirely agree with the large majority who love this place. It is no surprise that world leaders come to eat here when visiting Australia! We live in Melbourne and recently had dinner at Attica (a triple hat winning establishment and now number 22 in the world's top 100 restaurants) but it did not come close to Maltilda Bay. I can't wait to get back to Perth - and eating here is at the top of my list of priorities!

3  Thank stugue81
Reviewed June 15, 2013

What more can I say. Had lunch with 16 ladies and we all had the set lunch time menu for $48. I personally thought it was very good value for what can only be described as an A La Carte meal. Having recently emigrated from the UK where I frequently ate in Michelin starred restaurants this restaurant is up there with them. Yes I understand that perhaps it needs a little TLC but it is the food you go for and the company and the views of the river, not the carpet! Look forward to having an evening dinner with my husband very soon. Ps Nice staff, especially the guy from Glasgow cannot remember his name, sorry.

1  Thank NottinghamCoolmum
Warwick L, General Manager at Matilda Bay Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you, glad you had a great day, look forward to the next time you and your friends dine with us.

Warwick Lavis