Review of Mahsuri Satay Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Aus
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food here is delicious - however the service isn't that great, had to wait a while to get the waitress' attention, and then they forgot one of our desserts, and seemed put out when we told them.

• Visited October 2012

Perth, Australia
“Pleasant little gem”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I went here with my fiance - we walked around the streets looking for something different and thought we would give Mahsuri's a go. Interior is a bit dull and outdated, but sometimes the worst interiors call for the best food!
The kitchen set-up was interesting - I could see the one chef cooking the dishes running around like mad.
As they claim their Satay is top notch, we ordered the beef with satay for starter. The meat was very soft and tender and that Satay was SO good! Only problem was the meat to satay ratio was all off - I hid my little bowl of satay next to my elbow so that I could have it with my main - the sweet young waitress thought that was pretty funny.
I ordered the traditional Nasi Lemak, and my fiance ordered a Coriander/Sticky Soy Chicken dish. I have only eaten Nasi Lemak once before this, but had thoroughly enjoyed it so ordered it at Mahsuri's. It was de-licious! The curry component had the most amazing flavour and the chicken was so tender. Shame that there wasnt more on the plate!
My fiance grew a little bored of his dish, as the sauce was very thick and strong. However he enjoyed it, and I enjoyed stealing some of it (but I scraped a little bit of the sauce off first). Overall, very yummy. Quite a homely little place and the waitresses were very sweet. I would go back for that Nasi Lemak.

• Visited July 2012
Kuantan, Malaysia
“Pleasant surprise ...”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Taken by business associates for a dinner here while in Perth recently. A nice surprise to know there is a Halal restaurant run by Indonesians and Malaysians that serves delicious delicacies and a long list of menu which includes some popular Malaysian desserts like chendol, ABC, kuih sago etc

The specialty here is the Satay and they have beef, chicken, mutton and shrimp satay too. I must say their satay is really delicious, tender meat just like way back home. The shrimp satay is not that good , however. Just give it a miss.

A wide variety of dishes are also on the menu to be taken with plain rice or beryani rice.

Service is friendly and fast in the beginning but can be a bit slow once the crowd comes in.

Still a decent and nice eatery , nevertheless...

• Visited October 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Everything we had were delicious but the portion was way too small for the price we paid. 4 pieces of small spicy chicken for $20. I'm sure we can get a whole chicken for less than that.
Also felt like staff were trying to rush us out the door. But overall it was ok.

Perth, Australia
“Best satay in Perth”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The best satay in Perth can be found here. The meat is so tender and tasty. If you want satay and dont mind the wait this is the place.

• Visited August 2012