“A bit disappointed for the supposed top Perth spot...”
Review of Jackson's Restaurant - CLOSED

Jackson's Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We celebrated a significant occasion and thought this was appropriate. Whilst the degustation menu compared favourably to the likes of Alure and Fat Duck, the service just did not carry it off. it may be a Perth thing, but attitude, the lack of engaging nature and attention were not there. Perhaps I was there on an "off night"...

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and myself were treated to Jackson's to celebrate my birthday by our son and daughter in law and as we had not visited before we were unsure that to expect. The meal we had was by far the best we have had in Australia. The service was first class and extremely professional as well as friendly.
The meal in itself could not be faulted, each course (a la carte) was a delight to look at and tasted out of this world. This is a restaurant of the highest order and deserves the wonderful accolades it receives. It is not cheap, but worth every dollar to experience such beautiful food.

1  Thank Rosie F
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went in November 2012, and was amazed buy the quality of food! We ordered the 5 course degustation & a serve oysters with matching wines. The Meals just kept coming! In the end we counted 10 courses, as they gave us a hand full of complementary dishes to taste.
Service was impeccable & food was fantastic. Will definitely go back & recommend to friends & family.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This restaurant WAS my Perth favorite. When seated we had somebody elses wine at our table. We requested that it be removed from our table and the waiter and manager were both indignant and offended that we asked them to do this. After it was finally removed the waiter was short with continual eye rolling and was patronizing with his explanations of what he did explain to us from the menu. When I received my meal and it was not what I expected he proceeded with his rudeness at offending my restaurant intelligence by asking me what did I expect. Two minutes later the manager asked us to leave the restaurant and pay our $300 bill for our entree and main without finishing our wine and with no desert. We were understandably upset and devastated and it became apparent that unfortunately Jacksons believe they are beyond professional and polite service! They then refused to give us details of the owner. .... Will never go back and would encourage others not to either!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

...and have decided you only live once, this is it.

Be prepared for an experience and go without any preconceptions of what to expect.

It is so good that it may turn your mind to the moral dilemma of how such cost for quality is reconciled against those in our world doing it tough, but only after it has taken your taste buds on a journey of discovery not often trod.

Table service seriously good. Wine matching superb. Food amazing.

TIP : go for the degustation menu nights, and make sure you at least have the standard wine matching with it. Don't expect them to change - you are there for their brilliance in the art of food and wine.

1  Thank manarch