“Disappointing after glowing reviews” 3 of 5 bubbles

Jackson's Restaurant
Cuisines: International, Australian
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
perth
“Disappointing after glowing reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

After hearing so many good things about Jacksons I was looking forward to an anniversary dinner. As we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and the service throughout the night was excellent. The let down was the food. Our booking was on Saturday, which meant that we had the dego menu. Some courses were well done but most were a disapointment, especially after expecting such great things. The desert in particular was uninspiring and lacking in flavour. I hope that this was just a bad night and not the quality that is normally produced at Jacksons.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Perth, Australia
“Whjy do I like going back here? Because it's so good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Wonderful food and great ambience. I love this place! You always have to book, though, so I'm obviuolsy not the only one who thinks it's excellent.

Visited September 2012
Margaret River, Australia
“Over Rated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Went there last year and had a terrible experience with my wife on our wedding anniversary. I wish we had gone somewhere else. Spoilt the occasion. We will never go back or recommend the restaurant.

Perth
“Expected more..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We ventured to Jacksons on a wed night for dinner last week. We opted for the a le carte menu, it was ok.. but we expected more. the maron left us a little disapointed for entre. we shared the 3 types of oysters. the natural and the sorbet oysters were beautiful but the XO sauce oysters were not very pleasant. Duck for main was nice. Lemon tart for desert was the highlight of the night. the service was good and attentive as it should be in a fine dining establishment, but overall we expected a little more for the high prices we paid..

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Degustation dull and boring”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was looking forward to Jackson and indeed the place is warm, buzzy, nice atmostphere, with reasonable service on the night I attended (Saturday 21st) but overall I was disappointed with the food. To tell you the truth it was unmemorable. I couldn't eat the scallop dish so I asked for oyster equivalent and got one oyster. Then the fish was unlively and the pork was just plain dry and dull. We laughed too as two of our colleagues had the vegetarian option and there was nothing interesting at all for them to eat other than something with an egg and a plate of coloured carrots. Vegetarian food can be so much better but I suspect you shouldn't order vegetarian degustation in a normal restaurant. I have heard the normal menu is better so I will try that but really give degustation a big miss unless they know how to do it properly.

• Visited November 2012