“An institution in Perth for couples or families”

Il Ciao Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #140 of 1,432 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We have been going to this place for the last 12 years when at home as we fortunately only live 2 km's away. Having been to many places around the world and eaten in some great Italian restaurant's, we felt we had to let vistors to Perth know about our this local place. We have watched the owners (twin boys from a great Italian family) grow up and provided consistent great Italian food for and service for all these years. It’s always a family atmosphere there and always busy, and you may have to line up at times, but the food and service will always make the wait worthwhile.
Not a place to take your girlfriend to propose but the place you take her while your courting and after your married to keep her happy and then after youn have kids, they can have a bowl of spaghetti and drop some on the floor and you and everyone will think its normal. Has great pizza's and a top slightly northern italian menu theme. Sar and Roberto will always make a fuss of you from the first time you go, till when your kids take you when you old.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have been coming to thus place for 15 years and it never disappoints. Others have said they dont like the atmosphere but I love the buzz and vibe here. It is definitely not for a romantic dinner though. Service is great, food good value for good honest food.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

The pasta was so good! Even though it was busy, we still had great service and didn't have to wait a long time for our food. Lookinig forward to going back soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I kind of want to give this a bad review so that more people don't go there. I intend on making this restaurant a regular hang out. We had several of their pastas and they were all delicious. Service was good and while the place was packed the atmosphere wasn't too crowded.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I went here for the first time and had a good - but not great - night. My partner ordered the New York Pizza (pictured on their take-away menu) and for $21 you got a large pizza witha tasty sauce and pepperoni which had a nice bite. The crust was perfectly crisp. No complaints here.
I had the tortellini alla panna which is ring shaped pasta filled with meat in a mushroom and cream sauce. I had the entree size for $16 which was still very filling due to the italian bread (more on that in a minute) I found my meal good but not great. The parsley was kind of clumped in some parts of the meal making some bites unpalatable but it was good overall.
The Italian bread was very fresh with a chewy crust but it was just plain bread - I don't know what about it made it Italian. There were no herbs or spices or anything so i was underwhelmed when it arrived.
THe Bruschetta Positano was lovely, made extremely well with no complaints. Not a fan of sun-dried tomato but that was easily picked off the top :)
The drinks are VERY overpriced - $3.50 for a can of soft drink. I didn't try any of the coffee's on the menu because quite frankly if you can't spell something properly I have little faith in your ability to make it properly. That's just me.
Did find that it's a small space with a lot of tables and it gets very noisy - I did feel as though my partner and i had to talk quite loudly whilst sitting right next to each other so it's not a romantic atmosphere more of a social get-together atmosphere.