“An unusual take on Indian - try it”

Himali Gurkha Nepalese Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 1,398 Restaurants in Perth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have really enjoyed this place over the years. The food is similar to Indian but not so hot, and with some interesting variations. The staff are lovely. The restaurant itself is no big deal - a comfortable shopping center room with pictures of the Himalayan royal family etc.
Prices have gone up over the years but it remains an affordable interesting and memorable meal.
If the street outside is full for parking, there is a large parking area around the back

There are newer reviews for Himali Gurkha Nepalese Restaurant

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have eaten here several times now and never been disappointed. The restaurant is always busy, so you may need to book, this can also make it seem a little overcrowded, but that also adds to its authenticity. I also have the Nepalese Thali with divine chicken momos, its delicious and great value. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

loved every minute of it. Great service, couldnt be more helpful and respectful. We had a table of 6 teenagers that sat separately, as they fitted us in at the last minute. other table of 9. The recommendations in the front of the menu are well worth adhering to. Prawns - amazing. Thank you. Will definitely be back again and again. Great value for money. !

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We took a couple of families here (14). Our teenage boys (6) sat on a separate table, and were given fantastic service. ALL plates were sparkling clean by the time they finished, all very full and lots of 'wow' smiles. Kids meal is pretty big, 10 year olds could have shared. For $14 it was very well priced. (they still fitted in the icecream) All adults were happily full, after ordering a dish each and sharing in the middle. The recommendations at the front of the menu are well worth adhering to. Prawns - amazing!
Will be visiting again and again. Authentic flavours and atmosphere. Thank you.

1  Thank AmandaWA
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I love this place. A friend introduced me to Himali and I really enjoyed the experience. I met Uzgah, the lady who part owns and manages it. She started my husband and I out on a taster plate with momo,a kind of dumpling and other bits and pieces as it was our first time. I was a bit hesitant as I'm not that keen on strong spicy dishes but I didn't have to worry, because the spiciness was mild and thoroughly enjoyed. There was a small business function at the nearby table and the restaurant was packed full of repeat visitors, I assume, as everyone was greeting Uzgah by name and familiarity. Upon enquiring, I learnt that Uzgah spends her days raising her three young children and her nights running her business, yet she doesn't seem to break a sweat and her service really makes you feel like you're a part of something special. We'll be back. So lovely to meet you Uzgah!