“Great food, excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Han Palace

Han Palace
Ranked #266 of 1,641 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth, Australia
“Great food, excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We went there on 19th April 2014 and had a lovely banquet meal with my family. The food was beautiful and the service amazing, I am so looking forward to returning.

• Visited April 2014

Brisbane, Australia
“Twice in one week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

In Perth for a week and ate here twice, so yes very good. Restaurant is classy and the food great. very good food and wine selection. Separate dining areas for groups. The only negative is that the cheapest glass of wine is $10.50 although they are large glasses. I will return.

Visited April 2014
“never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

took a group of associates for dinner, called in advance to let them know how important the night was for the group and it fell on deaf ears. it's almost like they went out of their way to stuff things up all night long

3 Thank silvermasked
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Appalling Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Eight of us (2 families) were there last weekend for dinner. I've to say that their portions were more than enough and we had quite a bit of leftovers. Food was not bad but I found it rather salty. We booked for 7 of us but needed an extra chair. It only came after three requests!

The entree came - crab claw and spring rolls. Taste was not bad. However, half way through the entree, my dad, an 80 year old man, suddently bit into something that was hard - he took it out. To me, it looked like a chipped granite/table top or something like that. It was blue and triangular in shape with very shape edges. Fortunately he didn't swallow it! We called the captain/manager of the restaurant and she (the woman in cheong sam), came in and attended to us. When we showed her the chipped stuff, immediately, without checking or anything, she looked at us straight and said, 'Are you sure you found that in the crab claw?' I was shocked! Are you trying to say that we put something in there?? Next we showed her the mark that the chip left in the other bit of the crab claw and she said, 'If it had been in the crab claw, it would have melted!!!' Wow! What a terrific answer!!

Subsequently, Jason came in ... probably the woman went out and told him. He apologised but with a 'disclaimer' ... 'Oh, we didn't do this in the restaurant ... we bought this from the wholesaler!!!' What??? I cannot believe this sort of answer - never have I been to any restaurant and received such feedbacks!!

When we left, again she remarked that the chipped stuff would have melted if it had been in the crab claw - on our way out of the restaurant!!!! I would have reported to the authorities if I had been in Asia!!

I'm totally shocked with the feedbacks especially coming from a so-called fine dining Chinese Restaurant!! In fact, I'm shocked that this happened in Perth ... as it had never happened in any fine dining Chinese restaurants in Asia - HK, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia! They would have apologised profusely and try to make amends - either by giving a complimentary dessert or discounting that dish, ....

Dessert came half an hour later after reminding them over and over again ... :(

I definitely wouldn't have anything to do with this restaurant again and I wouldn't recommend anyone there too!!

• Visited November 2013
7 Thank HappyTraveller882
Perth, Australia
“Little gem in the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a dinner for two at Han's , the service was attentive and the staff friendly .The menu was well priced , and the food served on beautifully presented gold and white embossed crockery. The restaurant decor is mostly in the colour gold simulating a palace. Huge portions of sweet and sour pork , special fried rice and combination chow mein, and we were glad we were offered packaged boxes to take our left overs home. Definitely will return .

2 Thank SueS063