“Excellent weeknight dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Halo

Halo
Ranked #168 of 1,639 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Perth, Western Australia
“Excellent weeknight dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

A party of 5 on a Monday night - and what was so extraordinary (for Perth) was the fact that we had great table service and that we did not require a second mortgage to pay for a superb meal. Also, no problem finding parking at the Barrack St jetty.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Patrick C

• Indonesian first
Auckland, New Zealand
“Don't go here if you are hungry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

A lovely setting on the water and a very warm and friendly reception raised expectations for a great dinner. The decor also looked good.
However, after sitting down it took ages for our orders to be taken and then even longer for the food to be served. One of the orders was wrong but it was too late to make changes.
The food was interesting, well presented and tasty. Portions were small.
The restaurant would not let us pay individually and insisted on one bill though they did provide receipts for six of us but for one-sixth of the cost each.
Prices are pretty steep.
Overall a pleasant spot but the wait and small quantities and the refusal to allow individual payment rather took the edge off the evening.

Perth, Australia
“Beyond expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Firstly, I have to say my response to this restaurant were beyond what I was expecting.

We got a $100 gift voucher to this restaurant and opted for the lunch menu. We selected the 3 course for $49. We realised (after reading Trip Advisor) that the servings were likely to be small and had this expectation. It’s not exactly as bad as that. I enjoy a large meal but was satisfied after eating my courses.

This is a convenient restaurant being situated on the Barrack Street Jetty next door to the Lucky Shag Tavern and next to the Swan River ferries and cruise boats.

As you walk in you are quickly politely greeted and shown to your table. The service was impeccable and a credit to the staff. First class service as they were very helpful and obliging.

First up we ordered the entree, selecting a pork dish which ended up being a slice of what I would describe as Braun. In my opinion it was very average and pretty tasteless apart from the sauce for my liking, so probably not a menu fault more a poor choice on our part. I could have chosen a prawn dish which I definitely would have preferred. My wife didn’t enjoy it either but unfortunately couldn’t eat seafood so probably wouldn’t select this lunch menu again.

The mains on the other hand were succulent and very delicious. The serving was a lamb dish with vegetables and was bigger than I expected and we both really enjoyed the dish.

For deserts we had 2 ball doughnuts served in a sauce with sorbet. Delicious.

Coffees to finish... Great meal and we had to put $29 towards the voucher but well enjoyed.

The ambience is wonderful, sitting on the pier watching the boats drive in and out from the jetty, whilst sitting above the Swan River. As it was a cold winter’s day they had the heaters on and was pleasant.

The only negative was that they seemed to sit everyone close together despite only a handful of patrons being in the restaurant. This seemed unnecessary, which created the feeling of being cramped for space. There were empty tables everywhere and this act seemed pointless. There must be a reason for this but I couldn’t work it out. I had to move my chair in to make room for the patrons that were seated immediately next to us during our meal. It certainly was a downside to the experience.

3 Thank Chizzel
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Was apprehensive after reading some reviews however, my experience was great;
Wednesday night - busy
Staff were attentative
Food was excellent - octopus starter and slow cooked sirloin for mains along with French. Would recommend a visit to this restaurant!

5 Thank Chippa51
Luleå
“Good food, loud, not that cheap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Halo remains a good choice in Perth, with its location at the Barrack St. Jetty. Food was good, but not spectacular and prices a bit on the high side. We had the beef fillet, which was cooked perfectly but the garnish did not impress. The chocolate fondant dessert was nicely presented, and quite ok (but again not spectacular). The night we were there it became very loud and noisy, which reduces the overall rating somewhat.