“Worst ever restaurant (service & hospitality) in my lifetime”

Good Fortune Roast Duck House
Ranked #54 of 1,434 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed December 24, 2012

If I have a way I wouldn't even put "a" star, it's just purely one star is the worst rating I can put.

We went to this small and filthy Chinese restaurant with my wife and expecting a joy of taste of their famous duck, recommended by my friend. To my extreme surprise and great disappointment, we walked out from their without really have a chance to appreciate their food - due to the reasons that the poor service we got (poorest service) by talking harshly to us from the moment we stepped into the restaurant to have our dinner. They even took away our food before we even finished it, perhaps misunderstanding, but they didn't even ask our permission before they took it away; the worst part, was, they didn't even apology on that rude behavior in whatsoever way at all ... When we settled the bill, perhaps they don't "prefer" customer to settle their bill with credit card (God knows why?), they asked for 2% (or maybe 2.5%) transaction charge, which we finally settled the bill by cash - guess what no thank you, not even a smile at all!!!
Even if, their food is the best in the world (which is not the case) no one, definitely not the customer should deserve that kind of mistreatment at all ... I think they thought they are somehow famous, and everybody will take their mistreatment an still continue visiting their restaurant ... NO ONE SHOULD EVER TOLERATE THIS KIND OF MISTREATMENT AND GETTING NO RESPECT, POOR SERVICE AND DEFINITELY HOSPITALITY IS NOT IN THEIR CODE OF BUSINESS CONDUCT WHEN TREATING ANY CUSTOMER ... We will not ever go there again, that's for sure ... Why should anybody go there? Unless you like to be abuse ... For us, we could have spend the same money in somewhere else, where I will get good food, good services, good hospitality, and better environment ... It's your choice ...

5  Thank PER468

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My experience were actually two. One of them was eating at the restaurant. To be honest I didn't have the atmosphere as the place is very small. However the duck is FORMIDABLE. The secret is the sauces they use. At times the duck is nice and at times could taste different but nothing wrong with it.

This is the perfect place to buy duck and take it away to eat at home.

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Sauce is the key ingredient of the roast duck dish. Remove that and you will realize the meat is really average. Did a test without sauce with shun de's duck. Shun de's win hands down without sauce. The service is quite poor too with a sign hanging on the ceiling so high that expect visitors to notice and queue underneath it.

1  Thank GIM S
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have tried both duck places - the one in city Good Fortune and the one outside of the city called the Good One located in Victoria Park. The Good One is the best in the West and I think they are better with their duck than the Good Fortune duck house. I recommend you try the Good One and sometimes they have roast octopus hanging from the window. Duck lovers enjoy.

1  Thank Davemuluckall
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Nice mid sized restaurant with really friendly atmosphere.
It is not far from the city centre, so you can go for a walk there from Perth city centre or Perth Undeground Station as well.
Prices are reasonable and the food looks fresh and fine.
It was little crowded, but they are pretty fast.