“Fun place for children and adults”
Review of Funtastico

Funtastico
Ranked #610 of 1,352 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Subiaco
London, United Kingdom
“Fun place for children and adults”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

An easy-going restaurant with a good selection of wine. Wine serviced in very ornate decanter if needed!

Visited March 2013

Perth, Australia
“Fantastico Funtastico”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A business lunch booked last Friday turned out to be one of the best lunch I've had in Subiaco. With the open seating arrangement and inviting atmosphere it was relaxin the moment we stepped in.

The staff was there to greet us promptly and introduce the days specials. I had the "Grilled rib eye" for main - crispy on the outside, tender & juicy inside with a beautiful mash in the side. I do recommend medium rare rather than medium as the thickness of the steak might gets too chewy.

Another dish to watch out was the "Double cooked duck with the honey sauce". I think this is the best dish I would pick from the whole menu. It was perfectly cooked and the honey sauce not overly sweet gently glazed over the top. The shining glazed skin had everyone stopped talking for a good 10 min.

One thing to be mindful it's the time. We waited over 45 min for all dishes to be delivered but the quality of the food did make us forget about the wait.

Service was good and coffee cannot be faulted either. Highly recommend for a pleasing dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JensterT
Brisbane, Australia
“Take a big fat wallet with you”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went here with friends who declare it as their most favourite restaurant. I think I must just be too fussy but I honestly did not think the food merited the prices they charge here. I had the Misto Fritto di Pesce which was supposed to be "lightly fried" prawns, Fish, scallops and calamari served with salad. Well at $39.50 I was defnitely expecting something better than what I got. First of all the food was only just luke warm - 4 prawns, 6 scallops, 3 small pieces of indeterminate fish and a scattering of calamari. The "salad" was a massive pile of spinach and rocket with little else (2 halves of cherry tomato, 3 slices of cucumber and 3 olives). The prawns tasted slightly muddy, whatever coating was supposed to be on the scallops was soft and greasy and falling off, I think it was meant to crunchy crumbs - maybe because the dish had been standing for a while everything had softened up. The presentation, served in a "shell" of some kind of semi crispy pastry, is good but all in all a huge disappointment and way way way too expensive. However, one of my dining companions had the same dish and said she enjoyed it. Go figure. my other friend had the Petti di Pollo, which was Chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto and cheese on a bed of mashed potato. Again this dish cost $39.50 but it did look a bit more worth the money - I also suspect the reason our fish dish was cold was due to waiting for this dish to be cooked.

Once again, I had to resort to ordering dessert as I was still hungry after the paltry serving for the mains. Had the sticky date pudding ($11.50) and I have to say it was very nice though I am not usually a dessert eater so perhaps not the best judge of a good dessert. I thought the butterscotch sauce was devine but I am a bit of a sauce freak

All in all, I didn't rate the place very well. The service was appalling and the cost exorbitant. I don't mind laying top prices for top food but this place is definitely over rated and over priced. I won't be going back there if I can help it. Sorry

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank BrisCaz
Perth, Australia
“Nice vibe”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Its on the pricey side but the pizzas and pastas are good and its a nice, busy vibe with a good selection of drinks.

Always a good fall-back option if you don't have a brighter idea of where to go.

Visited April 2013
Perth
“This would have been an average 3* if the price was reasonable”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

In brief:

Wait staff - Very serious with any personality whatsoever. Efficient but under staffed so there was lots of waiting and calling them over.

Chefs - Pretty good. I like that you can see them cooking. Very serious almost angry looking but can cook ok. Not brilliant but ok. I had some veal which was over-cooked and not soft to cut. Needed a lot more tenderising and less time in the pan. There was not enough sauce either. I have had a lot better for a lot less.

Price - Way over-priced. 8 garlic prawns with mash and garnish for $42. Unbelievable. We had a voucher so it was ok for us but there is no way in hell I would pay that much. The dish was quite nice but again, not brilliant, just nice.

Drinks - Very large range of wine and beer. This was a highlight (unfortunately).

Over-all - Not bad. There is no way I will be going back and I am glad I had a credit voucher to use as it is obscenely over-priced but again, that's the greed of Perth.

• Visited March 2013