“Poor service- great food”

Dragon Palace Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #307 of 1,450 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I go here regularly. The food is always fresh and tasy.
The atmosphere is quite nice however the service is terrible. On busy Sundays they squeeze you into these tight corners and it is very hard to navigate around.
The staff needs to learn to speak English and how to greet customers properly.
The service is also very slow and they should have more carts to push around during the peak periods.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Friends recommended Dragon Palace to us for their Yum Cha. Eagerly anticipating a lovely lunch we were bitterly disappointed with the service received at our outside table. It seems only inside diners get the service. This week day lunchtime we left feeling we could have eaten more if only we ad been given the opportunity. We will you be back.

1  Thank Janice L
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just come back from a dim sum lunch with some work colleagues.
This is my favourite kind of dim sum restaurant - big tables, and waiters wheeling around trolleys that you can choose dishes straight off.
Have to say the experience overall was only average. Most of the dim sum dishes were pretty good - pork dumplings were fresh, fried squid was excellent - but we were all left feeling a bit unsatisfied.
There was a bit of lack of choice while we were there, didn't see any spare ribs, no chicken dishes, no crab in over 90 minutes in the place
Nothing that we ordered arrived, even though orders were duly taken, and we only got to eat the limited choice that the trolleys brought around.
In short, the service was terrible. Hard to get anyone's attention, nothing that we ordered arrived other than the beer, most staff didn't speak english but were happy to nod and smile and write things down that they apparently didn't understand.
The restaurant was only half full, and there were lots of staff.
At the end of the meal, a waitress refused to get us a bill so we had to collect up our money around the table (there were 8 of us) without knowing how much we owed.
This sort of thing is just annoying.
The owners should take note - we spent around $30 per head on lunch - if the service had been better and quicker, we would have spent twice as much. We all went away hungry, two of our party actually stopped to pick up food on the walk back to the office. If this is the average dining experience there, you are missing out on a lot of money.
I wouldn't be going back.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Went there today as we are on our second week in Australia and were craving some Asian food.

We are based in Hong Kong and were really pleasantly surprised by the quality and authenticity of the dim sum.

We had the har gow, siu mai, spare ribs, coriander and prawn dumplings and vegetables with oyster sauce. All were very tasty, obviously made with good quality ingredients and on a par with (in some cases better than) what one can routinely find in Hong Kong.

I can't comment on the dinner offering but can highly recommend for yum Cha. It's a bit hectic with the lunchtime crowd and the trolleys but that's all part of the experience.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Not the best place I've been.
First when they sat me down and handed me the menu, the waiter asked if I could hurry my evening.
Then when I went to pay with my EFT card (savings account) they wanted to charge me the 3% surcharge for credit cards because I was not paying cash. Dodgy!!!
I of corse said no I wld not pay tht!!
Food was very average but ok?!