“dragon palace Perth, not my favourite place.”

Dragon Palace Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #607 of 1,390 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Manado, Indonesia
“dragon palace Perth, not my favourite place.”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

dragon palace was supposed to be a great chinese restaurant in Perth however when i went there it was horrible. the 1st manager jason treated us horribly and we were all very disappointed however there was this nice lady, the 2nd manager. the food is incredibly oily and was not what i had expected for a meal that costed us more than 950 dollars. we felt that we did not get what we had payed for and the atmosphere which was great was highly misleading. they also often screwed up the orders and we had to reorder or we were just too tired to try and change it. me and my family definitely would never go back here ever again. they dont even treat the elderly appropriately.

2 Thank Fredrique C

• Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
“Great for dinner”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We went here on a Thursday night for dinner with a group of friends and it was really good. It was a fairly quiet night so the service was good. Our tea cups were always full which was nice!
Our friends were from Hong Kong and said the food was the same as back home - they ordered the duck, lemon chicken, vegies and some rice for us. I thought the food was delicious! We got complimentary fruit at the end too.
I have never been there for Yum Cha so I will have to try that next!

Auckland NZ
“Loved the Yum Cha experience”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went there for my first experience of Yum Cha recently and loved it. We were fortunate to have some Chinese people in our group as it would have been a bit confusing otherwise. They were able to explain what the dishes being offered were. Without their help I am not sure what we might have ended up with.The Peking duck was the highlight and was served beautifully

• Visited August 2012
“It's not gonna be my first dinning place on my list.”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Foods are not served hot enough,not much varieties. Service is just average,but price is a bit too expensive. Overall, you do not get what you've paid. And staffs have very poor communication skill, they don't seem really understand what I've wanted or ordered. I would say this is just a so...so...restaurant.

Perth, Western Australia
“Excellent Dim Sum- but get there early!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We go to this restaurant nearly every weekend for Yum Cha (Dim Sum). It's probably Perth's biggest Chinese restaurant but the Yum Cha is great (never been there for an evening meal). There's always a queue formed before it opens at 10 (including us). By 11 the place is heaving and there is often a long wait to get in. They direct the 'overflow' upstairs to the karaoke lounge- we won't go there if sent up there (I think the food is often cooled by the time it gets up there). The food is some of the best Dim Sum we've had- love the Siu Mai, BBQ pork buns, the crunchy 'footballs' (deep fried meat dumplings) and the steamed prawn and coriander dumplings. Always a good idea to order deep-fried salt and pepper squid and the Gai (Kai?) Lan in Oyster sauce as this often takes a long time before they come out on the trolleys. Only thing we don't see, and miss, is the crispy pork belly with hoisin sauce we used to get at the now defunct Emperor's Court in Lake Street (loved it and our former Yum Cha home!). Our kids were weaned on to Yum Cha and are still disgruntled if we're not going there one weekend. Pricing is very reasonable considering that much of what we have is seafood. 2 adults, 2 kids is always under $50. Beat the crowd- get there early!

• Visited April 2012