“Great atmosphere, great food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dear Friends Garden Restaurant - CLOSED

Dear Friends Garden Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brisbane, Australia
“Great atmosphere, great food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

One of the few restaurants in the Swan Valley area which was open for dinner mid week and a pleasant surprise for its decor, food and service. The staff prepared, talked us thru and presented each course and each wine to make a dinner a great experience. Would return on my next visit.

• Visited December 2011

Perth, Australia
“One of the best Degustation experiences in Perth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

We had read a few different reviews of Dear Friends and were expecting some amazing food... We weren't disappointed!
The Degustation seemed to get better with every serve. At the time I thought the Bantam egg with crab was going to be the crowning glory but it was eclipsed later on by the Dexter beef and fig serve - divine!
The serving sizes were small but by the end I was well sated. The staff were very friendly and made some great suggestions for accompanying wine. The experience wasn't cheap but worth every cent for the sensational food.

• Visited January 2012
Perth Australia
“Really worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Make it a Sunday lunch with friends. Husband and wife team whose food and service is just sublime. Lovely people too.

Perth, Australia
“Expensive, dirty and poor wait staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

The food here is lovely. It is very expensive. A vodka and tonic was $26 ....
The portion sizes are teeny so if you are hungry, you will need to do as we did and eat again on the way home !
The place is unfortunately, dirty. There are cobwebs on the insides of the windows, flies buzzing around the table and a waiter in a dirty white glove serving our food - blah !
The 'water serving person' hovers constantly. If she wasn't so sweet you'd just want to tell her to back off in an unpolite way!
The real bugbear was that the waiter took an incorrect wine order twice. And we were charged for wine by the glass we didn't order instead of a bottle.
I took interstate friends here and it was pretty embarrassed in doing so !
I should have taken them to Jane Brook instead (which is where we ended up for 'second lunch').
I can see what this place is trying to do but it needs to try a bit better at the prices they are charging ....I will not be returning !

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank SF104
perth
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I took my mother here for mothers day a few years ago . The food was good as was the service but the place had cobwebs all over our window view which was a little off putting especially when you are spending a few hundred dollars on 2 people . That's my lasting impression and I have not been back but would like to see if it's been cleaned up ......