“Good for a casual lunch”
Review of Cafe Bocca

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We go here for lunch on friday fairly often. Nice casual setting outside in Shafto Lane. Bruschetta is good starter and the Penne Arrabiatta is always dependable. Caesar's salad also pretty good. Pricing standard for Perth downtown during the mining boom so best to get the outrage over with early then enjoy your lunch. There do seem to have been some ownership changes over last couple of years so there is a bit of a state of flux about the place. As of December 2012 is undergoing renovations.

Reviewed October 28, 2009

I had lunch with all my co-workers at Cafe Bocca. I ordered the Bruchetta and a garden salad. While the bruchetta was good, it wasn't the best I've had - there weren't any standout flavours, all a bit bland. That being said, I ate it all. I also paid about $7.50 for a "garden salad" consisting of 90% lettuce which was a let down. Initially it looked really good because all the nice vegies like tomatos, carrots, onions etc where on the top but as soon as they were eaten it was all lettuce. It was unfortunate that one of my bosses ordered just a salad because she was starving for the rest of the day, pretty much eating lettuce for lunch.

One of my co-workers also paid over $20 for a tiny sized portion of gnocci. The other portions of pasta were fairly generous but I feel she got ripped off - it was TINY. She too was hungry for the rest of the day. The pizzas were okay but again the toppings and sizes weren't generous at all.

The atmosphere was great - we dined outside and it was a fantastic day.

Overall I liked my Bruchetta but if I was in Shafto Lane I would keep walking - the food is not worth the price.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2007

Great food and excellent atmosphere - one of best restaurants in Shafto Lane.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook