“Town trip”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Best steak (daily menu) for 12$ and great selection of Australian wines. Nice staff, have to order at bar

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I'm not really into the Northbridge scene these days. I'm getting a bit old for the night clubs, drunks and idiots looking for a fight. I guess that's why I like the Brass Monkey. It's on the edge of Northbridge, only about a block or so from the Horseshoe Bridge, and has a great atmosphere during the day. The place gets a bit "nightclubish" in the evening but it's still not too bad. Food is good and fairly priced and it's nice to sit in the courtyard and have a beer or a snack on an afternoon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have to confess that my daughter works at this establishment but this if anything made me pick the place to pieces! I didn't have to - I personally thanked the chef for the wonderful food and the great service from the staff - I don't think that we were treated any differently to other patrons, all who seemed very well attended to and happy with their food. My daughter, my friend and I dined on a Friday evening around 7.30pm and had the most amazing meal. We were all very impressed - although my daughter tells me its always this good and she eats there on a regular basis.

We had a bottle of wine that was awful - replaced immediately no questions, no cost.

Its the little things that count - but I can tell you now this young lass chef cooking a storm needs a pat on the back. I am one of the most fussy diners and I was impressed.

Congratulations Brass Monkey for your fantastic food and making our night out wonderful!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visited twice. The only place worth visiting in this most boring city. Good beer, good live acoustic music. A bit like a rough old Pub in Woolwich, London. Full of characters and saddo drunks. However the pub food was the worst I have ever tasted. Burnt to a crisp...whatever it was they served.....good for a night out if you are used to urban pubs.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Security are either not trained or have little regard for the law. If you value your head I would advise to avoid at all costs

3  Thank Finn B