“Best chinese in Perth”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Great selection of food. Not overly priced, meals are generous and the location is great. Id recommend a meal but they are all good :)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great food, good staff! Never have a problem getting a table day or night! It may not look flash, but the food makes up for it!

1  Thank Telfo76
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Shame didnt read recent reviews on BIlly Lees but we went spontaneously after getting out of a Sunday movie at 8.40, when Northbridge was already closing down (some nightspot!!), knew of Billy Lees being open late. So were prepared to be grateful. But as previous reviewers have said, were surprised by add ons to the bill which were also barely legible. eg Charged for tea we didnt order & presumed was complimentary. The outside table area couldnt have been grottier, sat next to bins. The dishes were slimy & the bill for 3 people just grabbing quick nosh was $80! As we left somewhat perplexed, we saw the relatively attractive Hawkers Hut next door had a roaring crowd of happy late night customers & really wished we knew to go there instead. Never again at that price. YUCK

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I should premise this review by saying that, while I've always wanted to learn Mandarin, I haven't yet mastered the language. And while I understand that Billy Lees is a Chinese restaurant, I don't think that it's unreasonable to request that the bill be translated into English so that I'm able to check where an extra charge (of $150) appeared from. In addition, when I asked for a receipt for my purchase - both because I suspect that this restaurant does not pay appropriate levels of tax, and because this meal was a business expense - the owner informed me that such a request could not be accommodated unless I "request a receipt before ordering". This is actually illegal in Australia.

Overall, this is a very sly establishment that is busy only because it's the only restaurant in Northbridge trading at 4am. The food, however, is terrible and not prepared hygienically, the service is unbelievably rude, and, well, I can't comment on the price… because I'm still a tad unsure of that one…

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Come here quite often and am never let down. Food is supreme and the fact that its byo is a huge bonus.