“A so so restaurant”

Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Description: From humble beginnings Arirang started as a restaurant in the heart of Perth on Barrack St, laying claim to the first Korean restaurant in Perth. The restaurant is still going strong and is now part of the foundation of the Perth CBD. Arirang has been serving quality, authentic Korean to the Perth community for just under 20 years with a focus on Korean barbecue and other classic Korean dishes in a friendly and approachable atmosphere. Arirang is known for it's Korean Barbecue, Bulgogi, Bibimbap, Korean Fried Chicken and other classic Korean dishes.
Perth, Australia
“A so so restaurant”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I’ve been in Arirang a few times with friends for dinners, some of my friends like it, but I now only go there occasionally for lunch when I want to have a change from my regular lunch places. The food is so so, the service isn’t that great. You can try for yourselves, but I won’t recommend it to anyone.

• Visited March 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“Too pricey, rude staff”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

It was our first visit to this restaurant. My friends and I were keen to try the Korean barbeque. On first entering, there was a mouth-watering smell that greeted us, from the food that was being cooked by other diners. But that was the only good experience. We had been told that it was BYO for wine but when the waiter saw us carrying a bottle, he rudely told us that there is a corkage charge of $7.00 per bottle. This was repeated by the same waiter in the same rude fashion when we asked for glasses. We had no problem with the corkage charge, it was the manner in which it was told to us that annoyed us. We ordered the banquet which consisted of a choice of either meat or seafood. When it arrived, there was very little to eat considering the price was $36.90 for meat and $39.90 for seafood! My friends and I decided we will never go back there.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Agnes L
Cullompton, United Kingdom
“Interestingly different”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was my first visit to a Korean BBQ so I wasn't sure what to expect. I am not going to say it was poor but it wasn;t quite what I expected. The experience of cooking it yourself was slightly outside of my normal culture, the food was OK but the beef was a little chewy. Would I say go if you haven;t tried it before? yes probably Would I come again? no probably not. Of course it doesn;t help when you are kicked out at 10pm although this is normal for Perth

• Visited February 2013
“what a good...”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

it was fantastic.. much better than i expected..good taste and kind service......try and say...
i think i will be back very much soon.....

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Soul of Seoul ;-)”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

As close as one can get to the real stuff. in fact it is the real stuff! The aromas waft out on to the streets even before you enter. Loved every bit of the place. Cheers!

Visited January 2012