“Best Korean food in Perth”

Arirang Korean Barbecue Restaurant
Reserve with
Arirang Korean Barbecue Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 1,352 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Description: From humble beginnings Arirang started as a restaurant in the heart of Perth on Barrack St, laying claim to the first Korean restaurant in Perth. The restaurant is still going strong and is now part of the foundation of the Perth CBD. Arirang has been serving quality, authentic Korean to the Perth community for just under 20 years with a focus on Korean barbecue and other classic Korean dishes in a friendly and approachable atmosphere. Arirang is known for it's Korean Barbecue, Bulgogi, Bibimbap, Korean Fried Chicken and other classic Korean dishes.
Perth, Australia
“Best Korean food in Perth”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The best Korean food in Perth and well priced. Service is terrible though but if youre here for some good Korean food and dont mind the lack of parking this is the place.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Malaikat5

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Udon Thani Province, Thailand
“Korean a 1st?”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

As it was my birthday and we were in sunny Perth we thought we would have a change and try something we never had.The restaurent was quite busy with business men,some families and they all seemed to be enjoying the food.The staff were attentive and quickly took our order,the wait was average,the food very hot,the taste different some I liked others I was unsure.The food was cooked in sesame oil which for me is not a taste I like.It was an experience and I would probably not go back as overall not my taste in cuisine but it could be anothers and I think is down to personal taste and worth a try.

• Visited September 2012
Perth, Australia
“Diner beware”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went to arirang for lunch. We all thought the BBQ meat was enjoyable. An egg noodle dish was also ordered but that was very salty. After lunch I needed to go to the ladies room whilst my partner paid. The bathrooms are upstairs and were in a disgusting condition. I decided it was best to go to Myers or David jones after and headed out. There was water all down the stairs which I didn't notice until I slipped. The waitperson was standing at the bottom of the stairs at the time and rushed up to me. I asked her to get my partner. She then ran down the stairs, grabbed one of the yellow slippery when wet signs and brought it up, placed it next to me before going and getting my partner! My partner sat with me on the stairs assessing my range of movement before moving off. No one from the restaurant came up to offer assistance and we left. I suffered a sprained ankle and bruising to my back.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank likestoeatoutwa
Brisbane, Australia
“Quite acceptable dinner option”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I tried Arirang while in Perth on business. I liked that the restaurant was busy so I didn't feel too lonely eating alone. Everyone seemed to be having a good time and enjoying the food. The other guests seemed to be diverse: a few groups of business men, some families with children and a few small groups that looked like friends.

The service was of an acceptable standard - neither poor nor exceptional. The food was good quality and tasty. The portion sizes were good.

The prices were okay. It wasn't a cheap restaurant but there were options available for less than $20 that represent good value for money (taking into account that the restaurant is in Perth, which is an expensive city for accommodation and dining).

I would recommend it if you are in Perth and looking for somewhere easy to eat a good quality meal.

Visited June 2012
Perth, Western Australia
“Always a good feed”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We live in Perth and Arirang is one of our favourite restaurants.

My wife and kids just about always have the BBQ and I have the Dolsot Bibimbap. They also have a good range of Korean beers to accompany the food.

The chocolate fondue dessert is a big-time favourite for all of us.

We have been on many occasions including birthday and other celebration times and have always enjoyed the food there.

The service is a little frosty but we pretty well know what we'll be having and don't really go to chat with the waiters...

• Visited May 2012