“good food and friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adelphi Grill

Adelphi Grill
Reserve with
Adelphi Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,647 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Australian, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Description: The Adelphi Grill serves sizzling steaks, meats and fish on the grill with boutique beers and wines in a contemporary, relaxed atmosphere. Open every day for breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks and anything in between!
Perth, Australia
“good food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

we enjoyed the service of the friendly staff and found the menu/ wine list good. the food was nice both from the breakfast buffet and a la cart dinner

Visited November 2013
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Adelphi Grill, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear meljabu

Thank you very much for your great review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your breakfast and dinner in the Adelphi Grill and that the Team took such great care of you.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney
“Great Steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was told that the Adelphi restaurant had good steaks and yes my informants were correct. Whilst pricey (not by Perth standards as everything is expensive in Perth) I found the food of a very high standard and the staff were great. I would recommend for a large but tastey steak

Visited November 2013
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Adelphi Grill, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear SydneyTraveller

The Team at the Adelphi Grill and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your steak and the service.

Hope to welcome you back next time you’re in Perth!

Merredin, Western Australia, Australia
“$43 steak and salad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was staying there and so I thought I would have a meal there. Not a lot on the menu to be excited about, and I was really feeling like steak so I went for the smaller of those on offer. At $43 I thought I would have an excellent steak, but it was not to be. I asked for medium with mushroom sauce. What I got was very dry and tasteless, and the mushroom sauce was not what I would call a sauce, as it was a few champignons in a weak liquid, whereas I was expecting a rich mushroom gravy sauce. The battered onion rings were terribly oily..the salad bar was poor with hardly any choice at all. There was about 20 people dining at the time and I would have to say I have seen country pubs with one cook and 2 assistants produce far better food and service than this and at a cheaper price. I will not recommend this place to anyone.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sandy J

I was naturally very concerned to read your review and would appreciate an opportunity to address your feedback personally. If you could kindly either email me at david.constantine@hilton.com or telephone on 08 9215 2000, it would be very much appreciated.

We are very sorry for your unsatisfactory experience and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback.

Perth, Australia
“Bland & Boring”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went for lunch late last week. The place was not packed out but still busy enough and wait staff are pleasant, however, the food was not.

The $22.00 for the lunch special of soup & salad is extremely overpriced for what you get. The supposed Potato & Leek soup was disgraceful. It was so bland, boring and tasteless we had to add plenty of salt & pepper just to get some taste. It was like coloured water. Could not taste the Leek at all. The bread rolls were nice as was the packaged butter.

The salad was poor.....there were few choices and it was MOST DEFINITELY not fresh. I expected (for the excessive price) some lovely choices but I was disappointed yet again. There were ingredients to make your own Caesar Salad, a bowl of a few mixed ingredients mainly tomatoes and cucumber and what I think was Cous Cous. No pasta salad, no potato salad, no beetroot (come on we're in Australia). Boring, boring, boring. No imagination/effort at all.

HUGELY DISAPPOINTED as I could have and do serve better in my own home. Get your act together Chef, I was embarrassed to have bought my Irish friend to eat here.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vicar43
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Adelphi Grill, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Vicar43

Thank you very much for your review.

I am naturally very sorry to learn you were disappointed with the soup and salad bar for your recent lunch experience.

Please be assured our chefs source the freshest ingredients, highlighting local seasonal delights and creating four gourmet salads freshly each and every day. This is in addition to salad ingredients available for you to create your own Caesar salad or enjoy individually.

Thank you again for your feedback which I have shared with our Executive Chef. We are very sorry we did not meet your expectations and hope you will give us another chance in the future.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent First Meal Out in Perth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Situated on the edge of Perth's Central Business District, this is a quality restaurant. Even on a Sunday evening, there was a buzz to the place, and the staff were warm & welcoming. After good starters (garlic prawns for me, scallops for my wife), the mains were tremendous. I had a perfectly cooked rack of lamb, and my wife (whose gluten-free needs were well catered for) had snapper. Altogether an excellent experience at a reasonable price.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear DavidKH

Fantastic to learn you enjoyed your first meal out in Perth at the Adelphi Grill.

It sounds like you were highly satisfied with all aspects and we are really pleased we were able to offer great choices for your wife’s gluten free needs.

Hope to see you again soon.