“Taste of Southern Italy”
Review of Antico Cafe

Antico Cafe
Ranked #376 of 1,485 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Perth
Reviewed November 26, 2013

During my trip to Italy, I've noticed that South Italy cuisine are 1.seafood based and 2. pastas are not just carb fillers. Hence, the presentation of the seafood pasta that i ordered today was definitely a south Italy specialty. True enough, the manager for the restaurant told us that he's from Napoli.

Ordered the seafood pasta which was the pasta special for the day (though I later learnt that its so popular that its been on the special menu for weeks now) and was pleasantly surprised by the dish as it brought back memories of the heavenly delicious pasta that I had at Agrigento (refer to my other post).

The seafood portion, comprising of mussels, scallops and prawns, is adequate. The fettuccine was a little too soft but decent. However, i would have loved it more if the fettuccine was more infused with the taste of seafood, like the one I ate at Agrigento.

I'll be back tomorrow to get a cuppa of true Italian espresso and continue reliving my Italian memories.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We walked in tonight and had a great Italian meal food was excellent and service also good. My meal was well presented and tasted really flavoursome. Panacotta finished the meal nicely. Thank-you to the staff for your great service we will be back!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Family meal for five.

Average setting and decor, good service, great food.

Everyone was very happy which is rare with our family.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked for our wedding dinner - 14 guests in total. We had always enjoyed meals here previously as well as good service which is why we chose to come here. It catered for all tastes and we knew that everyone in our party would be catered for. The food on the night was ok, not up to its usual standard which was disappointing. The service was faultless! Giovanni made sure we had everything we needed and looked after us so well. He is such an asset to this restaurant. It's a shame the kitchen didn't stand up to the service. We had a good time regardless - probably due to the drinks and the fabulous service!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Food was ok, had a parma with a few vegies, could've been a lot more. Others had linguini and soup, said it was tasty.