Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Perth
from $112.75
from $139.06
from $99.08
from $115.48
More Info
All reviews sand boarding day trip tour guide sand dunes morning tea bush tucker western australia yanchep national park great tour memorable trip highly recommend this tour fauna and flora pinnacles desert whole group interesting information picnic lunch great fun
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was travelling on my own private tour with my family of 7 when all of a sudden I heard the tour guide from TWA tours shout out very loudly to a group of other asians "Are you stupid and can't read or something?" I then heard an asian lady apologise and said she was taking photos and did not see her ypung child just started to climb a small rock? The tour guide kept on ranting and said "you're not really sorry, you don't know what worry means and that there is a $20,000 penalty for climbing up a rock." I heard another asian lady ask "are you the park ranger? We are sorry but did not see the child climb and sorry" but TWA tour guide kept on abusing these asians verbally by calling them dumb and stupid and can't read. You can see his whole tour group was embarrassed as when I spoke to a couple, they also had no idea or saw the child climb the rock. The tour guide continued with the verbal abuse of slandering the asians dumb while leading his group down towards the Pinnacles. I saw the very young boy in tears. I really don't understand the integrity of TWA tour guides. I will definitely never use them!!

Kevin-TWATours, Owner at Travel Western Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good morning.

Thank you for taking the time to advise me of what you saw & heard in Nambung National Park on Friday the 17th of January, 2020.

Travel Western Australia takes any concerns and information such as this very, very seriously. I have been in contact with our guests travelling that day as well as our Tour Guide.

I have viewed photographs and video footage of the incident from a guest as well as from our Guide. From this footage, combined with what our guests have advised, I am 100% sure that there was no racism or abuse, verbal or otherwise that occured.

Initially, there were raised voices due to the distance the group was away from our tour group and in order to get the parents attention that their son was climbing one of the Pinnacles...the loud voice was not in anger or abusive.

In the video, I can see and hear one of the women yelling "we are tourists" and our Guide telling our guests that he will lead them away from the noise of the other group.

I have also been advised that one of the men in the group approached our Guide, threatening him.

Please keep in mind, there are severe fines for damaging any part of any National Park in Western Australia as well as disturbing wildlife & for removing any part of a National Park including rocks, shells or flora. In addition, it is dangerous for people to climb the Pinnacles and the child could easily have been injured.

As Tour Companies and their passengers have to abide by these conditions and pay pricey licensing fees to be able to legally take paying guests into any National Park, it does become a sore-point within the travel industry when we see our Parks being damaged.

As you can appreciate, I personally was not there and all I can go on, is the information provided by our clients, Guide and the images and video footage I have seen.

The vast majority of our clientele are South East Asian and I can assure you, none of Travel Western Australia's owners or guides are by any means racist. This is reinforced by the hundreds of 5* Reviews placed on Tripadvisor over the last 5 years.

I am sorry that you ended up involved in the situation and am happy to meet with you to allay any fears you may have of our little Company. I can be contacted on info@twatours.com.au

Yours sincerely,

Kevin Mattaboni
Director

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great tour guide, very knowledgeable + the breakfast and lunch was outstanding. Didn’t expect to be so well feed. Good amount of time to wonder round and see things for yourself too

Date of experience: January 2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for Travel WA, Sebastian.

Both Ron & I are very happy you enjoyed your day out and that you didn't go home hungry! Hahahaha!

Safe Travels and a very adventurous and exciting 2020 to you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This trip was super fun. I did it solo, yet the guide made everyone feel super welcome and comfortable. I can definetly recommend doing it solo if you are traveling alone. Really professional and amazing tour in general. Well planned and an amazing guide.

Date of experience: January 2020

Fantastic! So happy you enjoyed your day out with Ron and thank you very, very much for taking the time to write a review of our little Pinnacles Magic tour...greatly appreciated.

Safe Travels and keep spreading the word...a day with Travel WA is one to remember!

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

Ron was amazing, he made the tour fun, with his educational stories and joking around. Everything from morning tea, to sand surfing (sand dunes) having lunch at the beach and visiting the pinnacles. My boyfriend and I had a fantastic time and would recommend it 100%. Ps: the highlight was feeding the emus ( it was a spontaneous experience)

Date of experience: January 2020
Kevin-TWATours, Owner at Travel Western Australia, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Tripadvisor and more importantly for entrusting your day trip to Travel Western Australia. Both Ron and I appreciate it very much.

Safe Travels and spread the word about our little company and day trip.

Reviewed January 4, 2020

I highly recommend this tour. Was the best daytour during my holidays in Australia. Ron was the best guide I have met, he is funny and made his job just perfect. One advice, if he ask you at Pinnacles if you would like to see everything by your own or follow his guided tour - choose the guided tour with him, he brings you a bit offside from the tourist masses.

Date of experience: December 2019
Kevin-TWATours, Owner at Travel Western Australia, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to place a review on Tripadvisor...it is greatly appreciated and both Ron and I are very chuffed that you enjoyed your day out with Travel Western Australia. Happy New Year to you and yours!