“Ruined Birthday.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Ruined Birthday.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I booked this hotel for my 20th birthday. It is excellent location and satisfactory facilities. The staff however are disgraceful with the worst customer service i've ever seen. They threatened to clamp one of cars parked in our allocated parking bay. I booked two premium 2 bedroom suites, at the time of booking was told by the employee we could have two rooms together however when we got there they were on separate levels, The on duty manager told us she would sort it out and get back to us. after four hours of having 10 people crammed into one room I contacted reception and was confronted by the worst of all employees who laughed in my face and repeatedly spoke down to me. During the conversation I was reminded several times that this isn't a party hotel and they have a no tolerance for noise (we were watching big brother eating dinner waiting to be moved rooms not having a party) even though the room next to mine was having a bachelorette party with constant screaming you could hear from the opposite end of the floor. It is clear the staff has different standards for different cliental. I was very disappointed and will NOT be returning here anytime soon! Thank you Adina staff for ruining what is meant to be a happy occasion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JordanF_16
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
JordanF_16

I regret reading your Trip Advisor feedback regarding your recent stay with us. In particular your comments regarding our Team was very disappointing. As you can read from past comment we normally are praised for the great customer service delivered at a consistent level.

Upon check-in both rooms were ready and Reception had explained that due to unfortunate circumstances we were not able to accommodate both apartments onto the same level. We always take these requests in consideration and try out best to accommodate but are not guaranteed.

We are very mindful about noise and do advise upon check-in to all our guests that we have a no party policy. More importantly that if any disturbance throughout any guests stay is experienced that Reception is notified and we will address accordingly. I am happy to advise that we have spoken and dealt with the room on your level after being notified. I do apologize that this not communicated properly and I will make sure that this happens in future.

In regards to the car parking. Two car parking bays were recorded and booked. Throughout our security patrols we noticed an unidentified car which was found to be part of the group. All our bays are designated and the third additional parking bay was not booked hence a generic note was left on the unidentified car. We did however not charge for the third car.

JordanF_16, I do again apologize for any inconvenience caused as we pride ourselves for delivering a memorable experience. I would be happy to discuss your stay in person and can be contacted by email on kkaya@adinahotels.com.au or alternatively by phone dialling 08 9267 0000.

Looking forward to be hearing from you.

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had been staying in this hotel for 5 days. The price was expensive, but the facility is very complete. So, I think it the price is suitable with the facility that they gave to us. We could cook and prepared our dinner with their kitchen facility. They also gave us entertainment facility such as 2 televisions and also a tape radio.

The location of this hotel is very strategic, in the centre of Perth. We could easily find a supermarket to buy our needs, hay street mall, London court, Barrack jetty and other interesting area in the city. This location also facilitated us to find transportation facility such as bus, which is free and MRT. This hotel is very ideal hotel for those who want to explore the city of Perth.

Adina's staffs were very helpful and answered our question politely, we met an Indonesian staff who gave us many information. They could understand what we needed. They also gave us longer time to check out from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SSunardi
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear SSunardi

Thank you so much for your candid Trip Advisor review. I was thrilled to read that although you found the hotel pricey but suitable to the experience and facility available to you.

Our apartments are fully serviced and self-catered and although we are competitive priced to the market, additional savings can be made when staying multiple nights having washing & drying as well as fully functional kitchen available.

I was glad that the location of the hotel was good and that you were able to visit all main Perth city attractions. As you mentioned public transport is a short walk and the CAT bus is free of charge and will bring you to all end of town!

Also thank you for your special mention to our Team with in particular Kimmi and Linda mentioned in your review. It was great that they offered you a late check-out. I will make sure this is passed onto them both and they will be delighted to be mentioned!

Thank you again Ssunardi and we are looking forward to be welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next trip to Perth!

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stay there in hi season periode, so the price quite expensive for such facility, it's an old design apartment but overall the room quite clean with proper appliances in the kitchen. We like the bed as well as it's not too soft. The shower though it's a struggling as they only have head shower with no hand shower and the water flow is very difficult to shower. No free wifi in the room, the only free wifi is in the lobby and they limit the access 30 minutes per day per phone.

The good side is the location which is very strategic and right in the centre of the city. Walking distance to hay street mall, london court, barrack jetty, bell tower, perth mint and other interesting area in the city. Have 24 hour convenience store, very convenient to all the public transport also, perth train, bus stops. It's an ideal hotel for those who want to explore the city of Perth. The staff there also very friendly and helpful, I get offered a free 24 hour free wifi access for a day because I can't log in to their free wifi facility. Kimi, the receptions has been very helpful and friendly also, we came from the same country so it's easier to communicate with her and she's giving us a lot of useful information, she also help us to book a rental car in last minutes.

It's not a hotel where you can relax and enjoy ur hotel room, but it's a great place to stay to explore Perth city and the friendly staff sure will make you feel safe and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear EdyD28

Thank you for your time and Trip Advisor posting in relation to your recent stay with us.

I was very happy to read that you found the apartment clean, accommodated with proper appliances and in particular enjoyed the very central location of the hotel!

We are apartment hotel style accommodation and cater to both long or short stays and we always try to provide a “home away from home” experience and I was glad that you felt safe and comfortable.

Unfortunately we do not provide complementary WIFI internet. I am happy to advise that our prices are monitored closely to the market and currently are in line. As you mentioned I was glad that you were able to use the 30 minutes free WIFI per day\per device.

I also would like to thank you for mentioning Kimi in your review. Kimmi is a very valued member of our Team and I am happy she able to impress and leave you with a memorable experience as well some local tourist information!

Thank you for your comment in regards to the shower. We are in the progress testing all our showers and water pressure as we recently completed some works to improve these. Apologies that we were not able to adjust this during your stay.

Thank you again and we are looking forward welcoming you back upon your next trip to Perth!

Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

we love to stay at Adina, me, myshusband Nugraha and 2 kids thankful for that...
location is perfect, it's in the shopping area, north bridge, perth bell, museum, bus and train station within 5-10 minutes walks. And 2 minutes from the cat bus (free bus).
room was clean and spacious, bathroom clean and bright ,equipped with mashing machine and dryer and well equipped kitchen.
Adina's staff were very helpful, especially mrs kimmy, she was very helpful for Indonesia tourist, she gave lots of information.
we will recommend to my friends

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear BJNugraha

Thank you for sharing your holiday experiencing on Trip Advisor. I Was very glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!

The hotel is located very central as mentioned and it was great to know this helped making your stay enjoyable. Also, thank you for your feedback regarding the apartment and its cleanliness. I will share this with the Housekeeping department and I am sure they will be thrilled with your comments.

Your comment in regards to Kimmi is much appreciated. Kimmi is a valuable Team member and it is a wonderful to read that she was able to help and pass on some important tourist information. I will make sure this is shared amongst the Team as this is the benchmark we aim for everyday!

Thank you again for your great Trip Advisor review and I hope you had a memorable stay in Australia.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Perth

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

A massive thanks to Kerry From Mikey n the boys. Had best hospitality I seen a really long time haha and was really happy till check out but. Thanks again Kerry god bless and looking forward to my next best weekend there again

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank 1onlyMIkey
Dear 1onlyMikey

Thank you very your time and review on Trip Advisor and I was thrilled to read that you experienced an enjoyable and memorable stay.

We are committed in providing great guest services and I appreciate the time you have taken acknowledging Kerry. I am sure she will be happy to be mentioned.

1onlyMikey, thank you again and looking forward seeing you next time.

calagry
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My gf accidently booked the Adina on barrck instead of the Adina close to the exhibition centre. We asked if we could cancel as it was an honest mistake but was rudely told NO SORRY DID YOU READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ... The only highlight of this hotel is that it is close to the shopping area but VERY NOISY, and a an ADULT CLUB 10 metres down the road!! ..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oldguru77
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Oldguru77

It was disappointing to read your review in relation to your recent stay. This is not the memorable service or stay we pride ourselves for. I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss this matter with you. I can be contacted on 08 9267 0000 or alternatively kkaya@adinahotels.com.au.

I can assure you that this is being looked into and appropriate measures have been taken.

In the meantime, please accept our sincerest apologies and looking forward to be hearing from you.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Kyle , Kerry and all the staff are fantastic. Could not ask for better service and a friendly smile, whether checking in or out. I travel to Perth at least 26 times a year and always stay at the Adina. Nothing is to much trouble. All staff are pleasant, polite and worth their wait in gold at the Perth Mint. I always look forward to my next stay. Close to shops and all other tourist attractions.

Room Tip: View of the city. See phoos