“Great location, modern apartment”

Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location, modern apartment”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at Adina's 2 bedroom apartment.

The rooms are clean with comfortable beds.
The bathroom is bright and clean. The washer and dryer are located inside the bathroom if you intend to do some washing.
The apartment charge AUD $4.50 for washing detergent. BYO if you intend to do any washing. Do note to bring detergent for top loader washer.

The kitchen is well equipped, however, we could not find any washing detergent to do our dishes.

The lounge area is cosy however, stains could be found on the sofa covers.

The air in the apartment is pretty dusty. Upon checking the air-con unit, i found that the air-con needs a little maintenance. Moulds could be seen from the vents.

The location of the apartment is very central. It is close the the shopping area at Murray St and Hay St. And just cross the road, there are many food options. There is a korean supermarket if you like some asian supplies.

Overall, it served us well during our 2 night stay in perth city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Swanriverjo

Thank you for your time and review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that you found the apartment clean, comfortable and modern. Also good to hear you found the location of the hotel great!

I appreciate the feedback given in regards to the apartment and I will make sure that these Housekeeping related areas are addressed with the Department Head. We have a pro-active schedule in place to clean all air conditioning units in all apartments. I was sorry to hear that this was not the case in your apartment.

Our apartments are supplied with all the basic amenities including washing powder in case of a late arrival or for the convenience of our guests. Located near the hotel are 2 convenient shops as well as a Woolworth grocery shop in case guests prefer to purchase their own supplies & amenities.

Thank you again for your review and glad to read that the 2 night stay served you well. We are looking forward welcoming you back to the Adina Barrack Plaza upon your next visit to Perth.

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Newcastle
Reviewed June 13, 2013

That being said, I would stay there again.

It is one of the few centrally located apartment hotels, and is reasonably priced, so probably does not need to try too hard. Our room was on the fourth floor (416), out the back, looking out onto another building and a dank little gap between the buildings, through the small window from the living area, or the larger window of the bedroom and balcony. Why you would want to spend any time on the balcony is beyond me though.

The bed was two singles pushed together, which is never particularly comfortable, but was large enough at least. The whole apartment was dark and quiet, so good to sleep in. The lights were a bit hit and miss - one kept going on and off, but maintenance did not seem that interested in trying to fix it. It took tow calls to get someone to even look at it.

I asked for a plug for the bath, to bathe our baby. No-one came for a while, so I went downstairs with a naked baby and that seemed to hurry them along. It did not make them more effective though - the plug did not fit. Nor was there a plug for the kitchen sink, and one did not appear during our stay.

The place is centrally located, easily accessible to the central train station, restaurants and the mall. Check out Taka, the Japanese place on the corner, for some tasty crumbed chicken or pork, dirt cheap, and the place is always packed.

And then they neglected to give me my QF frequent flyer points, and when I emailed them about it, they told me I hadn't given them my number. I had, however, written it on the form at check in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Zedscape

Thank you for the time and posting your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the time taken and I was pleased to read that you would stay with us again.

I was glad to read that you liked the location of the hotel. We are located very centrally and unfortunately some of our apartments may have not a view. We have a large variety of room types and rooms available with a city view. Please let us know next time and we happily assist if available allocating you with this room type.

I have taken note of your feedback in regards to some of the maintenance and housekeeping issues you experienced. Please accept my apologies that this was not addressed timely but I can re-assure this has been discussed with both the Housekeeping and Maintenance Department. Our communication policy We are committed making sure all aspects of the accommodation are to the high level of quality we pride ourselves for.

I trust that the Team have been able to assist you with your QF points. Please contact me directly at kkaya@adinahotels.com.au if you need any further assistance or would like to discuss your stay in person; alternatively I can be contacted on 08 9267 0000.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we do hope to see you back upon your next stay in Perth.

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was our second trip to Perth. We came with 4 families including our mother that had been diagnosed 4th stage lung cancer (on wheel chair). Our main reason to come here was to cheer her.

We stayed here for 8 days and 7 nights in 2 units of 2 bedroom apartment (25/5 - 1/6/2013). We have been warmly welcome by their friendly staffs named Linda and Kerry. Both of them have given us a very good impression about this hotel.

The apartment was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The washer and dryer in the bathroom were very helpful in our stay. The kitchen was equipped with basic equipments for preparing our meal.

In our last night, we have requested from Kerry to extend our stay in one of the room (my mother's room) till 12 p.m coz the shuttle will only fetch us at 12.30 p.m. After due consideration especially in regard to our mother's condition, she had given us permission to use one of the room till 12 p.m. We were very appreciated with her concern to our mum in which we believe that was also indirectly reflect to the hotel management's concern and hospitality.

But, surprisingly on the next day, we have received a call from their staff named "KIMI" that requested us to vacate the apartment by 11 a.m. Therefore, we have to rush and finally managed to vacate the premise by 11.30 a.m.

At the counter, we have explained to her that in fact, Kerry had given us permission to stay till 12 p.m but she had simply said that there was no remark in the system (Is that our duty as customer to put that remark?). We requested her to contact Kerry to confirm about this but she refused. She was so defensive in handling this issue despite the fact that she were not able to confirm this issue with Kerry. She kept on saying that we are supposed to pay $40 extra for the extension of time (Does she think that we purposely don't want to pay $40 if can pay more than $5000 to the hotel?). Her conduct had really spoiled our holiday.

In fact, we were not asking for anything from her since we were already at the lobby but we were just waiting for "an apology" from her on behalf of the hotel for this "misunderstanding" that caused inconvenience to us. But, till the end ... not a single word of "sorry" from her.

Finally, the hotel Junior Manager, Jessica handled us and she had professionally offered her apology on behalf of the hotel for our inconvenience. So, the moral of the story, if you decide to come to this hotel, please avoid from this staff named "KIMI" or else she will spoil your day.

My last reminder, once you check-in, please check all the items (beverages & food) in the list provided in the hotel because we have been wrongly charged for something that we have not consumed.

Regards,

Muhd Fadzli Amin & Dr.Hartini Saripan from Malaysia

2 Thank hartinisaripan
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Hartinisaripan

Thank you for your Trip Advisor posting and the positive feedback given.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. You stayed with us for an extended period of 7 days and it is great knowing you found the apartment spacious, clean and comfortable for the period you stayed with us. Also great to read that you found the washer & dryer helpful during your stay.

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the Team. I was very glad reading they made you feel welcome and I am sure both Linda and Kerry are delighted to be mentioned in your review. I will share this feedback with them. I was sorry to hear your comment about Kimi. Please note that the incident involving the late check-out has been discussed internally and I can assure you that this was an isolated incident involving miss-communication within the Front Office Team. Kimi is a valued Team member and normally is highly praised for her welcoming and warm approach to our guests and I can assure you that there was no intention to spoil your experience at the hotel. We have allocated the appropriate training to make sure the level of communication is maintained at the normal high level.

Hartinisaripan, thank you again for staying with us and your feedback on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you return upon your next visit to Perth.

Wishing you all the best from the Team at the Adina Barrack Plaza!

Warm regards

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed at Adina's 2-bedroom apartment and I love this place! We stayed at Adina in Sydney before flying to Perth (what a torturous flight!!) and I much prefer the Adina in Perth.

I must say, the Adina apartments are located in excellent areas. This one is located less than 5 minutes to the Hay St/Murray St shopping malls, so us being shopaholics, we were very happy with that! There are a couple of convenience stores located around the apartment, so no issues with getting groceries! Plus Woolworth is 5 minutes away, so anything you need, you can get easily. There is an excellent Lebanese restaurant located opposite the Adina apartment, so if you're Muslim, there is no difficulty in getting Halal food. There is also another Halal Indo restaurant next to the apartment.

From the apartment, it's 10-15 minutes to Harbour Town shopping centre via Yellow CAT from Wellington Street. To Barrack St jetty is a straight walk from the apartment, approx. 20 mins away. The only downside about the location is that there are a couple of "adult shops" next to the apartment, so it might be a bit tough explaining this to your little ones.

Our 2-bedroom apartment is extremely spacious! I love it! The kitchen is fully equipped for you to cook light meals, and prepare your breakfast. The living area is comfortable for a family of 4. There's even a balcony with a small table and chairs for you to enjoy the beautiful views and sunset. The rooms have huge beds and wardrobes, but the apartment has only 1 toilet to share. This might not be ideal if there are 4 adults. Since it was just me and my parents, there were no issues.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They were more than happy to share with us the "must-see" in Perth and even helped to get a brochure for the "Explorer" when I asked. They kindly shared with us the check-out policies and let us use the gym facilities to wash up after we checked out before leaving for the airport. The only downside - they didn't have enough international adaptors, so I had to purchase one at the Korean convenient store opposite the apartment.

I truly enjoyed my time in both Adina apartments in Sydney and Perth!

Room Tip: Our apartment (#75) has an excellent view of the sunset
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Isyamanab

Thank you for your candid review in regards to your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and that the location in particular aided to this. As you mentioned in your review, we are at close proximity to most Perth attractions including the Murray\Hay shopping malls, Perth Jetty and Harbour town as well as any grocery shops.

It was great to read that the apartment met all your criteria's and found this spacious. Please note that we do have a Premier Two Bedroom which is large in space but also accommodates two seperate bathrooms. Please let us know next time when you book and if available we happily book this for you.

Thank you also for your praising comments toward the Team. I will make sure that this is shared and I am sure they are delighted to be mentioned in your review!

Thank you again and we are looking forward seeing you again upon your next visit to Perth!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Lovely front desk staff, clean, comfortable room, great kitchen (well equipped), nice laundry, comfortable clean beds and tv in lounge was comfortable.

The staff were fantastic.

Location - is near a couple of "adult shops" so could be off-putting if you are so minded. Also near a great number of Korean restaurants and right in town for shopping - only a brief walk to the Convention Centre (about 10 minutes) which suited me well (who doesn't need a bit of exercise when attending conventions?)

Also near the Blue Cat/Red Cat Perth shuttles around the CBD which means free local transport

Would happily stay here again and would also bring my family to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sariban
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Sariban

Thank you for you great review on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you would happily stay with us again as well as take your family to stay.

I am glad that you found our Front Desk Team lovely and that the rooms were clean and comfortable. It was also great to read that you found our kitchen well equipped and met your expectations.

I will share this feedback with the Team and I am sure they will be delighted to be mentioned in your review.

It is always good to hear that the location of the hotel was assisting in making your stay enjoying.

Thank you again for your candid review and we are looking forward welcoming you again upon your next stay in Perth.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here for five nights. Adina is one of the cheaper options in Perth but we still felt that for the price we paid (which was more than we had paid in Melbourne or Sydney) we received the bare minimum in return. It is sometimes the little things that matter. In this case the self-catering apartment contained the minimum of what was required for it to have that title. No decorative items, no scissors in the kitchen, no fruit bowl, no proper wiping-up cloth, no DVD player. But, it did contain everything we really needed and the beds were comfortable too. Strangely enough our king bed, which was two singles pushed together was covered with a quilt that didn't extend over the sides (either a double or queen). Thankfully the air conditioning meant this wasn't a problem. The cleaning was a bit below par. The vacuuming in particular was not very thorough. But, it was generally clean enough and the reception staff were very friendly and attentive. The hotel is centrally located and on two of the three free bus lines (cats) and near the train station but it is the cheaper/seedier end of town. Despite, this we felt safe and never had to walk far to get anywhere.

3 Thank Satrinab
Dear Satrinab

Thank you for the time taken and sharing your recent experience on Trip Advisor. The feedback given is valuable to us and we will address all points with the appropriate action.

I was glad that our rates were very competitive to the market and that you were able to take advantage booking a good deal. We are a self-catering apartment containing all the basic amenities required for short or longer stays. All apartments should be accommodated with wiping cloths and fruit bowls. I do apologise that this was not the case this time during your stay. Please do note that we have extra’s available such as scissors or DVD players. Reception will be happy to assist at any time in future when contacted.

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the Housekeeping. Please note that I have shared and discussed this with the Housekeeping Executive and all points are addressed with the Housekeeping Team.

I was glad to read that the location of the hotel was convenient and found the Reception Team friendly and attentive. I will share this amongst the Team and I am sure they are happy to be mentioned in your review.

If you would like to discuss anything additional in regards to your stay, please do not hesitate contacting me directly on kkaya@adinahotels.com.au or alternatively call at 08 9267 1000.

Thank you again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Perth.

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My stay in Perth was a short 3 day trip, with myself and a 6 month old baby. I arrived early evening to check in with a large amount of luggage (as you do). I needed a baby cot as I did not bring mine, so the porter delivered one to my room with all my other luggage asap no problem. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful.The one bedroom apartment was very spacious, comfortable and clean. I enjoyed having a TV in the lounge and the bedroom! The bathroom was large and had a bath/shower and also had a washer and dryer in it which was perfect for last minuite baby washing! I felt relaxed and comfortable throughout my stay. The apartments are a 2 minuite walk to the main shopping area, which was convenient for me to be able to drop in Woolies for baby supplies. My apartment was facing the back and I had no problem with noise. Overall an excellent stay.

2 Thank 133Louise
Dear 133Louise

Thank you for sharing your experience in regards to your recent stay on Trip Advisor. It great to see that you had an excellent stay and that the Team was very helpful and friendly. I will pass this feedback onto the Team and I am sure they will be delighted to be mentioned in your review.

I was happy to read that the apartment met all your criteria’s and that the location was helpful in make your stay comfortable and convenient.

133Louise, thank you again for your candid review and the time taking posting this on Trip Advisor. We are looking forward welcoming you back upon your next stay to Perth.