“Great location, excellent staff!”

Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This apart-hotel is very centrally located to explore Perth's cutlural precinct in Northbridge as well as the shopping area of Hay and Murray streets. We were able to walk to every place easily and really enjoyed the vibe of the area. The area can be a bit noisy at night but we were given a backfacing room which was great.

The decor of the apartment is modern, fresh and clean. The apartments have all the modern cons, including washer and dryer, microwave, oven, dishwasher, TV etc. It also has a pool and a fitness centre but we didn't use them. Perth's hotels are quite expensive and you don't get quite as much as you would like for the price but overall I thought the Adina Barrack was good value for manue.

In any event, the best part of the stay was its staff. Extremely friendly and knowledgeable. In particular, Kerry was very helpful and nice! But they all made a real effort to please and it was really appreciated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as Barrack street can be very noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarioPizza
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear MarioPizza

Thank you for your great Trip Advisor posting in relation to your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in full with us and in particular found the location great and our apartments modern, fresh and clean. I agree with you that our location is superb and near to most main Perth attractions and shopping districts.

In addition I would like to thank you for your kind words about our Team and in particular mentioning Kerry by name. I am sure that they are excited to be mentioned in your review and I will assure this is passed onto the Team.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and we are looking forward to be welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit.

Warm reagards

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,433)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband, myself and two friends booked a 2 bedroom apartment for a 2 night stay over the long weekend. We specified the need for a king bed in one room and two single beds in the other, and also reserved a parking space at the hotel. One friend decided to come up to Perth a day earlier so booked a separate room for the one night and upon checking in was upgraded to the 2 bedroom apartment and paid all room deposits. The following day when the rest of our party checked in we were required to make another room deposit, which seemed strange to us since it had already been paid, but we were assured that it would be returned immediately on checking out. Then after asking how to park our car in the booked spot we were told that we never requested one for our room and would have to park elsewhere. After parking the car down the street and questioning the reception since a spot was definately requested we were told that yes we did request it but they had given it to someone else for the night and we couldn't have it until the following day. Although this was a mistake, Kerry at reception was very helpful in trying to rectify the situation. After the parking debacle we enter our room to find that it hadnt been serviced (it was after 3pm) nor had the bedding been configured as requested. The main room had a king bed and the second room a bed i can only guess was a king single? it was made up for two but was smaller than a double bed. Housekeeping then came and changed the king bed into the two singles as requested but we were now stuck with a king single to sleep two adults for the night. After a long and tiresome day my husband and i climb into our small bed and discover it is Rock hard, as it has been made up of two ensemble bases on top of each other with only a thin overlay as padding. No mattress! We both suffer a most uncomfortable sleep and awake with sore backs. So we ring reception and are assured that something will be done during the day whilst we are out. Upon returning to the room that night the room has been serviced and the beds made but our bed remained unchanged and without a mattress. Another terrible nights sleep. Usually we are not people to complain but felt that it is extremely unreasonable to pay upward of $300 per night for a bed that doesn't have a mattress. Unfortunately for us, this was our very rare child free weekend being the parents of young children and we were looking forward to 2 nights of comfortable uninterrupted sleep, and we just didn't get that. Then on checking out and asking for the $50 deposit back we are told it will be held for up to 7-10 days before we can get it back. This would have be fine had we not used our debit card because we had been told that it would be available to us immediately upon departure. Staff were also very helpful here and organized to give cash back as the money was needed.
Overall the location is fantastic, the rooms are modern and comfortable (apart from our bed) and the staff are friendly. But it seems there is much mis communication between the staff and our lovely weekend away with friends turned into an unpleasant experience, which is a pity as the hotel had all the makings of something we would frequent on our rare trips to the city had it stood up to the most basic of standards.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank TLantzke
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Tlantzke

Thank you for your time and posting on Trip Advisor.

Your feedback is important to us and I regret that you did not enjoy your stay this instance.

I would like to assure you that we do not take your feedback lightly and have discussed your experience in length with the Department Heads to ensure appropriate action is taken.

I was glad that although the experience was not up to your standards that our Team was able to efficiently assist you throughout your stay.

We are committed to rectify your experience and would like the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail in person and what we could offer for you to return back to the hotel. We would like to see you return and experience a memorable stay with us. I can be contacted on (+61) 8 9267 00 00 or alternatively on kkaya@adinahotels.com.au.

I am Looking forward to be hearing from you in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at this apartment in February 2013. We booked a 2bedrooms and a 1 bedroom apartment. It was a descent size and well equipped. everything was good until after the 3rd night when we chose to moved to a lower floor to make it easy for us to coordinated (we stayed for business purposes), the housekeeping didn't do much cleaning since when we got back, the dishes weren't cleaned,the garbage bin wasn't emptied and they never cleaned out the balcony.
I almost got charged for the minibar they claimed I took while I didn't.

I got to give 2 thumbs up for the reception though, I think her name was Kerrie or Kathy, she was helpful and has good hospitality throughout our stay (we stayed for 4 nights).

The wifi didnt do much either, only 30 minutes per device per day and its only free if you're in the lobby area. I think the management need to make it free, everyone uses the internet nowadays.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank c0mplexity
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear c0mplexity

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the time and feedback provided as this enables us to continuously improve our product and services to our guests.

Please accept my apologies that the normal high level of Housekeeping standards did not meet your expectations. I will share this feedback with the Department Head and Housekeeping Team to ensure this does not happen in the future.

We appreciate your comments about Katy or Kerry. I will make sure this is shared throughout the next Team Meeting and I am sure they are excited to be mentioned in your review.

In relation to our internet. As mentioned in your review, we provide 30 minutes complementary internet per device for all our guests. We do review our internet rates on a regular basis and I am happy to advise that these are in line with the current market.

C0mplexity, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss your stay with me in more detail. I can be contacted on +61 8 9267 0000 or alternatively on kkaya@adinahotels.com.au.

Looking forward to be hearing from you.

Warm regards

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at the apartments while attending the cricket in Perth in December. I was upgraded and really enjoyed my stay. The room was well equipped, a good size and the house keeping was great. The closeness to the city and all it's amenities was was fantastic. I secured a very cheap deal for a multiple night stay. Taxi to the airport was easily arranged.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Radicalseven

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor and I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great to hear that the Team were able to efficiently assist you with your requests.

Also, thank you for your comments in regards to the apartments. This feedback is valuable to us and we will take note of this.

We do appreciate your comments in relation to the internet. We review our price point and I am happy to advise that these are to market standards. We do however offer 30 minutes complementary internet in our public areas.

Radicalseven, thank you again for your time and feedback and we are looking forward to be welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit to Perth.

Best regards

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here overnight before a flight back home. The location is fine, although my room looked over the street which was uninspiring. As others have noted, it's a bit tired and although the apartment is well equipped, an update would be in order. My kettle for instance was rusty around the top which was a worry. Staff were efficient, including replacing my key card which isn't work initially. My usual annoyance, in having to pay for wifi, applies here. Also the restaurant doesn't operate on Sunday night, and Perth overall seems pretty quiet on that evening.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Michelle A, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear radicalseven,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza.

It is great to hear that you were very happy with our location and thought that our apartments were so well equipped.

I am happy to advise that we are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment which will significantly improve the overall feel and quality of our apartments.

We have recently looked into our WIFI prices and I am also happy to advise that our prices are very reasonable when compared to other Perth hotels.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back the next time you visit Perth.

Kind Regards,

Michelle Ashfold
Hotel Assistant Manager

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night on arriving in Perth from Sydney. The apartment was clean and spacious, if a little soulless. Location was convenient. Car parking cost extra, as did Wifi. Just a little tired looking, perhaps, but we'd probably stay there again. Staff were friendly and helpful. Didn't appreciate the credit card machine not offering the opportunity to reject its own poor FX rate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swiss6
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Swiss6

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor in relation to your recent stay with us.
We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

It is great to hear that you found the Hotel location very convenient and our rooms very clean & spacious.

Also, I was glad to hear that the team was very helpful & friendly.
I will definitely share you candid comments with my team & I am sure they will be excited that they have been mentioned.

Our websites does state that the charges are applicable for internet and car parking.
We do find that our prices are very reasonable compared to other nearby hotels.

Regarding the credit card machine FX rate, we do apologise. There is an option for choosing your currency or destination currency.
We will take a note of this and will definitely re-train our team.

Once again, Thank you Swiss6 for your feedback.

We would look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel, Barrack Plaza again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Adina Apartment Hotel Barrack Plaza

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed in a Premium 2 bedroom apartment here for a week in Dec 2012. The apartment came with 2 bedrooms both with ensuite bathrooms (one with shower and one with bath/shower), living/dining area, small study table, and kitchenette.

We chose to stay here firstly due to the location which is a stone's throw away from the main shopping area of Murray St Mall/ Hay St Mall. It is also just across the road from the Perth Railway Station and within short walking distance of bus routes. Secondly, as we were traveling as a family with 3 young children, it was important to have kitchen and laundry facilities on site. The Medina filled these criteria easily.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. Staff at the front desk were helpful, assisting to fix the room safe which was out of battery and booking our taxi to the airport on our departure. We had read about the Medina being near X-rated joints and of noisy revellers at night, but we didn't experience any disturbances during our stay.

The only complaint we would have it the Wifi which one would need to pay for, depending on hourly (AUD11 per hour) or daily AUD66/day) use. We opted to purchase a Portable Wifi device from Vodaphone which cost us only AUD79 and enabled us to surf throughout our one week stay. This saved us some money. We would suggest that the management consider providing free or cheaper Wifi as many hotels and places to stay are heading in this direction.

Housekeeping was average- we usually washed our dirty dishes but on one occasion where we left some in the sink, the staff washed it but it was a cursory wash and not thoroughly clean. This could be an area of improvement.

We would stay here again if we came to Perth again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SarahLH
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Sarah LH

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor in relation to your recent stay with us.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the apartment including the full facilities that were available to you. Also, thank you for your comments in relation to our Reception Team. I am sure they were happy to be mentioned in your review.

It was great to read that you liked the location. We are very central as you mentioned in your review and all main attractions or public transport are walking distance from the hotel.

We will note your comment in regards to the internet. We recently reviewed the internet charged and I am happy to advise that they are in line with the market. I was glad that you found an alternative option to access the internet. I also am happy to advise that we recently implemented 30 minutes free internet for all our in-house guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and time on Trip Advisor and we are looking forward welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Perth.

Warm regards