I had the pleasure of staying at the Medina Executive Barrack Plaza for 3 nights in September. I had booked my room via hotels.com (1 bedroom) and when I arrived (prior to 2pm) the reception staff were most accommodating and informed me I had been upgraded. This was just wonderful and I found myself on the top floor of the Medina with a panoramic view over Perth city. I could see right down to the Swan River. Although my room faced onto Barrack Street , which is a one way street ,the windows kept the noise out.
The apartment was excellent with a well appointed kitchen with dishwasher, large fridge, microwave and stove. Word to the wise is watch your toes as you open the cupboards in the kitchen. The door was very close to the floor and many times my toes got caught on the way through..a painful experience.
The bed was very comfortable and both bedroom and lounge room had flat screen TVs with a range of television options. Lounge and chairs were also most comfortable and it was great watching the sunset over Perth. I ventured out onto the balcony a few times but not being one that likes heights I felt it was best to view from the safety of the lounge area.
Room service was excellent and the food was just delightful!!! (and very speedy).I availed myself of this service and was very impressed.
The staff in the hotel were always ready with a smile and a greeting and it made my stay so very pleasant. Murray Street Mall is one street down from the hotel, and Woolworths is located here(supermarket-great to get the food you need for your stay) also a myriad of small resturants and all the major shops.
The CAT (free bus service) runs right outside the main door of the hotel (Green CAT) and the yellow CAT s one street up...so location, ease of travel around the city, staff and the very pleasant ambience of the hotel would mean that I would recommend it for all who wish to stay close to the heart of Perth.
This is not the hotel fault but if you wish to get a taxi ask the hotel to ring for one. One morning 8 taxis were called by 4 different people and the only taxi that turned up was the one the hotel rang for.....maybe a problem as Barrack Street is a one way street but just a good point to note.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth Barrack Plaza positions you perfectly to explore Perth’s CBD and surrounding entertainment precinct of Northbridge. Only 15km from Perth Airport, it is steps from the brand new Yagan Square and moments from Hay Street and Murray Street Shopping Mall. If you’re travelling for leisure, enjoy spacious apartments, many with kitchen facilities plus interconnecting rooms for families. Enjoy close proximity to Jamie’s Italian, Elizabeth Quay, China Town and the hip precinct of Mt Lawley where you can watch a show at Astor Theatre or grab a famous pastry at Mary Street Bakery. Adina Apartment Hotel Perth Barrack Plaza also has a selection of three bedroom apartments for larger families and groups. Enjoy free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Toga Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Adina Apartment Hotel Perth Barrack Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medina Executive Barrack Plaza Hotel Perth
- Medina Executive Barrack Plaza Perth