Globe Backpackers & City Oasis Resort
ibis Perth(Perth)
$92
$78
  • Room Service
Adina Apartment Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$112
$102
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$114
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Parmelia Hilton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$112
$105
Mercure Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$100
$92
Mercure
  • Restaurant
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$107
$104
  • Pool
Four Points by Sheraton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$104
$91
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$128
$100
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$81
$57
  • Room Service
$199
$118
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 3, 2012

DISGUSTING!!!! The place was riddled with bed bug and left me with over 70 nasty looking, bites all over my legs. when i confronted the girl at the desk that night she just kept smiling and said we could move rooms but that was all she could do and to take it up with the staff the next day. when we said it to the guy the next day he just kept smiling and kept saying 'Im sorry you had an unpleasant experience'. The managers refused to talk to us and they would not accept any responsibility for it!! To add insult to injury, we had booked a double room for the following 5 nights and they double booked and gave it to someone else, even though we had put a deposit down 2days earlier. if you are thinking about staying here- DON'T!!! you will seriously regret it, VERY DIRTY, STAFF are EXTREMELY RUDE and UNHELPFUL!!! was our first night in Australia aswel which didnt help!!there are better places to stay in than this, a hole in the ground would be better in my opinion!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This hostels not the cleanest, they have some electricity issues, the power goes out every now and then, until someone comes out of their room to reset the power box in the hall. Some outlets in certain rooms dont work.
The first time I stayed here I got a 4 bd dorm and it was good, not complaints (although expensive, 32$ i think). It had a fridge, TV, AC, lockers, and ensuite, and it was clean. Normally I wouldn't pay $30+ for all these "luxuries", but it was pretty much the last bed available in all of Perth.
I've also stayed in the 20 bed all girls dorm - not so good bc the air con didnt work, and it's just too many people in one room.
The kitchens big but smells and the pots/pans/everything aren't the nicest. There's also no fridge space. There's a pool but its small and tucked away in the corner, no one goes in it. It does have a chill out patio area where there's usually people drinking, although they get kicked out at 10pm, which is good for others who want to sleep with rooms right next to the patio, and if you still wanna party everyone just moves outside and sits at the front entrance.
Note: people that review a place badly because "everyone was loud and drunk and I couldn't sleep" or some variation of that - learn to deal, that's almost every hostel in Australia. Most places don't actually enforce the curfew, at least this one does.

I was only there a few nights but you could tell there's quite a few long term stayers at this place, so I'd imagine if you're gonna be finding work and staying in Perth for a while, and you're low maintenance and like to party, you'd find other likeminded friends by living here.
Didn't get bedbugs but I'm sure some rooms have them.

On the plus side, this hostel seems to be the only one in Perth that has day-of availability. Everywhere else was always fully booked (when we were looking for places to stay the night of). At least in February when I was there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jess D
Reviewed March 10, 2012

dont go there !! stayed for a few weeks two of us. riddled with bed bugs, and on top of it all i payed for a locker witch the staff broke into while i was out claiming they were getting rid of bugs they left all my stuff on floor passport uni papers and all other documents and my applemac was missing no one wanted to know they claimed it didnt exist untill one staff said he had seen it and they sacked their cleaners.then they double booked our rooms .

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank suzy186525
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This place is a sad joke. Totally shafted me with a booking that was made before my midnight arrival, they waited till I got there to tell me they over booked, and that there was no bed available, at a time when everything else is closed. I showed my disappointment and they eventually said there was a room at their sister hostel down the road. I paid $40 AU for one night in a dump and they kept my key deposit of $20 in the morning as I was in a rush to catch a bus... and forgot to ask... they didn't offer it back unless I returned there in person... which is not going to happen. The carpets were wet and stunk of urine and vomit. The toilets had no paper, covered in gunk and slime. The foyer was filled with drunks. The location is noisy and repulsive. The whole place is rank. Sad because it was my first backpacker hostel experience and it turned me off completely.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms for the price they ask... Room seven is a single person room but it's on a really noisy little road.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2012

messy, smelly, bed bugs, flicking lights, we left early after a terrible night having to deal with drunks and drug-o's when all we wanted to do was sleep. just don't go there. Only good thing was location.

• Stayed: February 2012