This is a really awefull place with small, dingy, dirty rooms and rude staff. My boyfriend and I had three nights booked here, however, after one night we chose to move to another place. We booked a double, ensuite room only to find out they messed up our booking. We were instead given a tiny single room (which they cramed a double bed into). Its was so small that my backpack had to be stored at the end of the bed as there was no room on the floor! The air-con was broken and the little window in our room was jammed shut so it was impossible to sleep. We had to share two toilets and two showers with with 24 other people (or 4 dorms each with 6 beds in). The showers were no more than a luke warm dribble, and the toilets stank of urine (after some of the guests used the sink as a toilet during the night as clearly the couple of loo's available between us were both occupied!). The sanitary bin was overflowing and you would not want to go in the bathroom bare footed as there were all types of sticky substances on the floor. The kitchen too was filthy, and the grill/oven was thick with food remains and rust. The free breakfast was 2 boxes of weetabix and 4 pints of milk which was put out at 7AM. If your not quick enough to get in then you dont get any! Not ideal for a hostel with a capacity of 90+ people. The staff refused to refund us for the 2 nights which we cancelled, even though we stressed that the hygiene was unacceptable (and reminded them that they had messed up our booking in the first place). They even tried to charge us an additional fee for cancelling the two nights. In a nutshell, dont stay here. There are far better backpackers to stay in. Or, for the same price you can get a little self contained apartment overlooking the Swan River with private facilities - the development is called Mountway Holiday apartments. They're not flash but they are heaps better than Globe Backpackers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Globe Backpackers and City Oasis Resort is the fun, comfortable, clean and safe hostel that will suit your backpacking budget. Our location is unbeatable, right in the city centre. Discover the wild beauty of King's Park, the exciting Northbridge nightlife, the city's vast and varied shopping district and the stunning swan river, all only minutes walk away. You will find any of your transport needs at your doorstep including the free city bus service. Central train and bus stations are minutes away and cross the street to begin you adventures in rural WA at the Tour Coach stand. The Globe is a great base from which to explore Western Australia. If you confirm your return accommodation at Globe Backpackers, we will store your luggage for free until you return. We offer flexistay so you can be spontaneous and change your travel plans to suit your whims, your new friendships - or the weather! Explore Western Australia and make lasting friendships at the Globe! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HostelWorld so you can book your Globe Backpackers & City Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Globe Backpackers & City Oasis Hotel Perth
- Globe Backpackers And City Oasis Resort