“The Perfect Stay”

The Richardson Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The Richardson Hotel was a great experience for several reasons. After a very long journey from Italy, it was really nice to meet very kind and smiling staff at the reception. The room we stayed in was much more than a room, a big apartment, with all sorts of comforts, very clean and everything was brand new! We found a beautiful card written by the hotel manager next to a refreshing blueberry and mint tea with a cute biscuit with our daughter's name written on. We had a great view from of Perth from our balcony, the kitchen corner was full of all sorts of crisps and nuts and wine and Nespresso coffee machine. The sofas and armchairs were very comfortable and the tv and dvd player were brand new. There was a series of very beautiful and high standard magazines on the sitting room table. The two bedrooms had very comfortable beds and pillows. The two bathrooms also had all sorts of comforts you can think of. Sheets, towels, covers, slippers, all perfect!!! The Spa had a wonderful relaxed atmosphere... Breakfast and the restaurant were also a very high level. We really felt more than welcome all the time, and everybody was so nice to us. We miss the Richardson and its staff. We are looking forward to going back there and we would certainly recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
AndrewFarnfield, General Manager at The Richardson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Thank you Babel70 and I was glad to read that we made you feel at home. Thank you also for the detailed review - you have highlighted so many of our points of difference! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Australia.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Very well run hotel; competent and friendly staff; located in quiet area (mainly offices), about 15 minutes drive to downtown Perth

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thank you Bernd160459 for your comments and I was glad to read that you found our staff to be competent and friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Perth.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

The hotel is located in an office area. Our room had no view and looked straight into a neighbouring office. There was no provacy, at all

After spending $200 on a bottle of wine at lunch at the Opus restaurant, I went into the restaurant to buy a $220 champagne in the evening. I was rudely advised that there was a dress standard and I was not allowed to stay (My wife had a 2k Prada dress on).

It was not welcoming and staff were very impolite.

We checked out

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank david60008

Dear David60008, Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at The Richardson last Friday evening. I make no apology for the dress code at our Opus Restaurant, where a minimum of smart casual is required after 5.30pm and is clearly communicated on our website, prior to arrival and on checkin. As you have pointed out, your wife was certainly very well dressed, however it was your attire that caused the restaurant staff to refuse admission - shorts are not acceptable in the main dining room for dinner. I do apologize if any of our staff were impolite or offended you as this was not the intention. We did offer to serve you drinks in our Residents Lounge or the Conservatory, both of which I understand was not acceptable and I am sorry if this was perceived as not welcoming.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I could not fault our wedding night spent at this lovely boutique hotel. The rooms are very tastefully decorated, the facilities in the room were fantastic and the staff were very knowledgable, refined and highly professional. The degustation meal at Opus was exquisite as was the lovely breakfast. A short stroll to the picturesue Kings Park was an added bonus. Highly recommended. Loved the sitting room near the foyer where you could read the paper, watch TV, have a coffee or just peruse the wall of photo's showing all the famous stars who had stayed there previously. Tasteful and Classy.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you Rachel255103 for your comments and congratulations once again on your recent wedding. Your positive feedback is much appreciated and I will certainly take the time to share your thoughts with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2011

My stay at this hotel was a surprise for my birthday. I started the day in the spa where the excellent staff pampered me for hours. My treatment included lunch in one of the hotel suites. This was lovely. Overall, the spa is wonderful. The best I have been to in Perth. Our stay in the hotel was too short! I would have loved to have stayed longer. The staff are very friendly and attentive. Our meal in the restaurant was absolutely excellent with perfect wine to match. The room is very warm and inviting with lovely furniture and fittings. The bed was big and comfortable. The pillows were great but they have a pillow menu if you require a specific kind of pillow. Overall I loved The Richardson. I would stay there again and again if I could!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you GoOSnow for your comments and I was glad to read that you had a memorable birthday. We look forward to welcoming you back - hopefully for a longer stay next time!

Reviewed March 2, 2011

The room was very nice, spotless and comfortable. However what made our stay so enjoyable was the outstanding service and facilities. The staff were extremely good and the Spa/pool facilities were wonderful. Being greeted by a bottle of bubbly and delicious homemade iced tea (which I'm still craving) set the scene for a truly memorable stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you asbuchanan for your comments, in particular regarding the home made Moroccan iced tea which took a while to perfect! I was particularly pleased to hear that our staff made the difference to your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in need of more indulgence!

Reviewed March 1, 2011

We had 3 nights at the Richardson and had a very good experience. The room was lovely with lots of space. Having the kitchen area was also very good and the fridge was very well stocked. The restaurant was very good we had very good breakfasts and had dinner 2 of the nights we were there which were also very good . A special mention of Nanda the breakfast restaurant manager who was very helpfull and charming . All in all a wonderfull hotel that we would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you Olivia19062001 for your comments and I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!