“Awesome, a must do”

Ranked #3 of 117 Tours in Perth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed June 18, 2014

What a great couple of hours that was. Well worth the effort. The instructions prior to heading along the banks of the Swan were very good, they would not you loose on the paths until they know you are comfortable. We were the only 3 on our tour so very personable. The Segway's travel around 15km/hr so quite fast. They are so easy to get used to and drive after a while they just feel like they become part of you. I could not imagine anyone not actually being able to ride one. We were taken east on the river bank which was really wonderful, we rode up some very steep hills and of course had to head back down them. We went through a zigzag pathway, all really fun. After our 2 hour tour we went back to base and did the "stunts" or obstacles for a bit of fun, by then you are quite confident and manage to wiz around without any hang ups. Just listen to the guide though as you can get too confident!!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Took my daughter and two friends for her 13th birthday - what an absolutely brilliant experience! Training before hand to ensure everyone was comfortable on the segway, a little racing in the park to understand speed and stopping and away we went! The girls had the best time, the guide was awesome as everyone in our group were locals we spent time 'off road' in the grasslands as well as a great long run along the Swam River. My daughter and her friends loved it so much they already want to book for next year's birthday as well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

What a lovely experience. I would advise you all to experience this adventure. The training is calm and clear and the trip around the wetlands of the Perth City is magical and so much fun. There is much opportunity for laughter, smiles and the feeling of pure joy. Thank you for a fantastic birthday experience to my family who tell me I am still young and cool to do this!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I'd recommend a Segway ride alongside the Swan River anytime for anyone visiting Perth. My fellow travelers and I were on a work assignment to write about our travel experience. I had such fun "speeding" along especially as our guide, Rusty, had a wicked sense of humour, the sun was out and there was a cool breeze. What a perfect way to get to know a city. The Segway WA team was also professional, taking care to ensure we had enough practice and and knew the drill before setting out on our "adventure". Owen and Rusty, I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Next time though, can we pick up some speed, please!

1  Thank KaiChris123
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Brilliant experience. Highly reccommended. Paddy was a great guide and very laid back easy to talk to and had a great sense of humour.
Great way to see the city and foreshore. We will be trying the Rottnest tour next time.