All reviewsprivate bathroomplace to staysocial areabudget accommodationtrain stationminutes walkingwashing powderquiet streetbackpackersnorthbridgeroommatescityfacilitiesbunkfridgeluggagepans
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

I came in this hostel last year in may for a couple of week and for work reason I had to leave the hostel 1 day before of my 2 week payment , the staff were so friendly and told me if you come back here you first night it's free , your name it's inside the database of the laptop.
After almost one year I decide to come back with 3 friends in this hostel also for that reason and they forget about my voucher for the night free and I decide to sleep in another hostel !!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Daniel Y, Manager at The Emperor's Crown Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Hi Davide,

As you informed when you came to check in, vouchers for this hostel are only valid for 6 months which you should have been informed of when you checked out in April 2016. Since you last stayed at this hostel it has taken over by a new ownership, unfortunately there was not much that we could do about the previous ownership's failure to accurately record your voucher, or inform you of the 6 month expiry.

Regards,
Daniel.

Reviewed March 18, 2017

I've still been staying for around few weeks in the accomodation, It's comfortable,,tidy, clean and backpackers and reception staffs are all kind. All are suitable for me. I stringly reccomend if you are looking for a valuable one.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2017

I stayed at a private room with a private bathroom. The price is similar to that of a 2 star hotel, but since i was traveling alone i wanted the convenience of being able to meet other travelers if i were lonely. The front desk was accommodating. Room was reasonably clean. It was a short distance of walking to the CBD and other attraction. I had a good stay albeit unmemorable.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2017

I don't understand how they can not realise that people can see into the room when your light is on and there is a table directly out front of the window on the same level.
The right hand window does not close completely so the talking noise is if you were at the table.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2017

Room was fit for purpose with reasonably clean ensuite, although shower could have been cleaner. Staff were happy to help and kitchen was useful whenpreparing meals. Overall a good place to stay for the price paid

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stefan W, Manager at The Emperor's Crown Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review us :) I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for giving us feedback on the showers, I will bring it up with our cleaning team.

Kindest Regards,